Old June 2nd 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz 9 v. Fritz 8

Which is the better product from a cost-benefit perspective?...

Value-Added.

Both can be had for under $20.

Fritz 9 seems to be buggy and crash often.

DSH

"JohnnyT" wrote in message
. ..

D. Spencer Hines wrote:

And Amazon.com is selling the product for under 20 bucks right now for
fritz 9. That makes it really tough to go wrong, and certainly doesn't
make me feel guilty about recommending it.

Nope, I didn't write that.

DSH

Is it Fritz 9 or 8?

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-Fri...dp/B000B643GA/

Old June 3rd 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

D. Spencer Hines wrote:

Fritz 9 seems to be buggy and crash often.

Not if you upgrade the product by going to playchess.com
Old June 3rd 07, 08:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Użytkownik "D. Spencer Hines" napisał w wiadomości
Which is the better product from a cost-benefit perspective?...

Value-Added.

Both can be had for under $20.

Fritz 9 seems to be buggy and crash often.

I have both Fritz 8 and 10 and I prefer 8 to 10 because there is no limit in
playing on playchess.com :-)

Old June 3rd 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 3 Cze, 12:07, "D. Spencer Hines" wrote:
"No limit" in what sense?

No time limit.

Does your Fritz 10 crash?

No.

Old June 6th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 3 Cze, 19:37, "GREG NIEMI" wrote:
Hi, I had Shredder 9 which was more powerful then Fritz 8+9. You might look
at Shredder 9 or 10.

I have a shredder at work. I shred unnecessary documents thru it

Old June 6th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

What's a Good Intelligent Analysis of the differences, capabilities and
limitations, strong points and weak points -- between Fritz 9 and
Fritz 8 -- by someone articulate who has used both.

DSH

Old June 7th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 6 Cze, 20:04, "D. Spencer Hines" wrote:
What's a Good Intelligent Analysis of the differences, capabilities and
limitations, strong points and weak points -- between Fritz 9 and
Fritz 8 -- by someone articulate who has used both.

I don`t have Fritz 9 and I don`t use it so look for someone else for
making comaprisons between 8 and 9.