Old February 29th 04, 02:46 AM
Keiko

Default Spyware

Let's not go into technical details any further.
In simple words the site admins can cause a memory dump of your PC
which leaves u with no OS and one will have to restart his/her PC.
Tx

Keiko
"CeeBee" wrote in message
. 84...
"Keiko" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

In addition to that the 1st site may persistently activate low-level
BIOS programs that may cause memory dump of your PC (that causes
hardware wear and naturally disconnection from the Internet)

"Low level BIOS programs"? Causing "memory dumps" and "hardware wear"?
Lemme guess, you attended the Kool-Aid Komputer Academy?

Random example:

Zone Pro has protected your computer by blocking communication
from a
web server

They forgot to tel you at the KAKA how the Internet works, uh?

ZoneAlarm Pro has successfully stopped Internet traffic from
reaching
your computer. No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer
is safe.

It probably also said "ZoneAlarm Pro has succesfully aborted attempts to
flash your BIOS with software to wear your hardware. No rebooting and
flashing of your BIOS has occured. Your computer is saved from
disconnecting from the Internet."

Seems there _is_ some hardware wear, but it's not your PC.

--
CeeBee

_Got no wockin' furries_

Old February 29th 04, 03:03 AM
Keiko

4 technical details on what causes a memory dump, please follow this google
search:
"memory dump" windows code
Regards,
Keiko

Old February 29th 04, 03:27 AM
Keiko

For example ( link below) the execution of code referencing null pointer
will cause a memory dump.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...ticle%3D286362

Old February 29th 04, 03:45 AM
Gregory Topov

"Keiko" wrote in message:
1. www.instantchess.com may be your best choice 4 playing online chess on

the Internet
snip

You make no mention of FICS = www.freechess.org? It's free, and surely is
better than instantchess.com, especially when used with a free graphical
interface like iNemesis www.ideabuilders.com/public/
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 29th 04, 05:45 AM
Keiko

Thanks 4 the advice, please be informed that I've the latest definition
files for my anti-virus program, as well for the 3 Spyware & ActiveX control
programs I'm using, maybe also u have also noticed that a FireWall was also
mentioned.

I would think that the rest of your message should be left with no comment.

"CeeBee" wrote in message
. 6.84...
"Keiko" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

For example ( link below) the execution of code referencing null
pointer will cause a memory dump.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...desks%2Fbin%2F
kbsearch.asp%3FArticle%3D286362

Dropping your PC from the third floor will also cause a memory dump and
will also flash your BIOS out of existence for good. An occasional virus
has been able to flash certain types of PROM BIOSes. The above link has as
little relevance to the subject of spyware and malware you brought up as
dumping a PC to oblivion by the aformentioned method.

I would advice you do do a thorough virus scan with an up-to-date
virusscanner, a search for spy- and adware including a removal tool, and
then visiting those websites, concluding there's nothing wrong.

Mostly people with infected machines roam around the Internet and when
they contract a disease they blame the first location they happen to visit
when the disease shows up.
If you're at home eating an apple and you suddenly notice your temperature
rising, do you assume you got the fever from eating an apple?

Visiting those websites nothing happened. No alarm from my firewall,
exactly the same you use, and no spyware being installed whatsoever.

No, we'd better not get into technical details any further.

Stop crossposting excessively and stop crossposting my messages.

--
CeeBee

_Got no wockin' furries_

Old February 29th 04, 06:00 AM