Old June 2nd 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Winboard 4.2.7 -- Capabilities & Limitations

It's a question of the length of the dash in the castling notations.

My Windows XP Pro SP2/Winboard 4.2.7 wants 0-0 and 0-0-0 ---- NOT longer,
double, dashes.

When I copy these games onto the Clipboard, a short dash [hyphen] in the
castling notation is changed to a long dash, which Winboard 4.2.7 then
chokes on.

If I change the long dashes to short ones [hyphens], everything is
copacetic.

DSH

Old June 4th 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 2007-06-02, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
It's a question of the length of the dash in the castling notations.

My Windows XP Pro SP2/Winboard 4.2.7 wants 0-0 and 0-0-0 ---- NOT longer,
double, dashes.

When I copy these games onto the Clipboard, a short dash [hyphen] in the
castling notation is changed to a long dash, which Winboard 4.2.7 then
chokes on.

That's a failing of whatever program you are using, possibly
Windows itself.

If I change the long dashes to short ones [hyphens], everything is
copacetic.

There is no long dash in the ASCII character set, which is what PGN
is composed of.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org
Author:
Old June 4th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

That's Right.

DSH