Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old June 5th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess.ics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Paul Truong's Tournament Career

ost:52052 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm

jacklemoine wrote:
"Harry, you're mixing up several issues, some of which you added after
you started this thread. Then you leapt to conclusions about
exagerated claims.

"Didn't Paul win some national level championships right here in the
US? I'm sure you could look it up. I think he won a scholastic team
championship as well as an amateur team championship. In fact, I read
somewhere he won the 2001 US Open Blitz Championship. Come on!

"Harry, I just think that you are artifically demeaning Paul's
achievements in chess."


Sorry, but you are mistaken. Paul Truong has never won a national
championship of any kind in the US. Indeed, other than blitz
tournaments at the Polgar Chess Club, he has played very little.

Almost all of his tournament victories were on the Internet on US
Chess Live where he was ultimately suspended for cheating.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12123950

My information is that Paul Truong has been suspended or banned for
cheating on all the major Internet Chess Servers, including ICC, WCN
and US Chess Live. I do not know about FICS or playchess.com .

Sam Sloan

  #2   Report Post  
Old June 5th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess.ics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Sam Sloan's McCarthyism!

having liberally smeared everyone who might contest his precious seat, mr
slaon now proceeds to smear a player's record. i have seen paul troung play
the twice european junior champion and russian champion too. otb mr truong
would smear mr sloan! and so would i!

but this is of little matter, since earlier today mr slaon has also raised
the question of marriage partners, which might give this group a laugh, as
if he, sam sloan, would now like to invigilate what is normally private
matters of partnership - though his interest is only about political
opponents

the same sloan who resists questions about his own rather juvenile interests
to the extent of banning rob mitchell who asked about it

i don't think this is a new low, since what you read here, dear reader, is
just what people will say in public - the private stuff is [email protected]

i didn't do too badly against the gent mentioned at top, but paul truong did
better, and i don't need to fake my chess strength to say so, and don't need
to pretend that i see strong play in action from mr troung, against the very
best!

what sam slaon is doing here is to 'question' yet another issue as mccarthy
did, and which he too he is both incompetent to understand, and of course,
to cast doubt upon from other motivation, as the sad senator did himself to
amreican people from - what you think? - paranoia alone, or combined with
not-a-little grandstanding?

Phil Innes

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...
ost:52052 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm

jacklemoine wrote:
"Harry, you're mixing up several issues, some of which you added after
you started this thread. Then you leapt to conclusions about
exagerated claims.

"Didn't Paul win some national level championships right here in the
US? I'm sure you could look it up. I think he won a scholastic team
championship as well as an amateur team championship. In fact, I read
somewhere he won the 2001 US Open Blitz Championship. Come on!

"Harry, I just think that you are artifically demeaning Paul's
achievements in chess."


Sorry, but you are mistaken. Paul Truong has never won a national
championship of any kind in the US. Indeed, other than blitz
tournaments at the Polgar Chess Club, he has played very little.

Almost all of his tournament victories were on the Internet on US
Chess Live where he was ultimately suspended for cheating.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12123950

My information is that Paul Truong has been suspended or banned for
cheating on all the major Internet Chess Servers, including ICC, WCN
and US Chess Live. I do not know about FICS or playchess.com .

Sam Sloan



  #3   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess.ics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2007
Posts: 135
Default Paul Truong's Tournament Career

Hmmmmmm...

How did he allegedly cheat?

DSH

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...

My information is that Paul Truong has been suspended or banned for
cheating on all the major Internet Chess Servers, including ICC, WCN
and US Chess Live. I do not know about FICS or playchess.com .

Sam Sloan



  #4   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.vietnamese,alt.politics.vietnamese
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Paul Truong's Tournament Career

Phil,

Nobody is questioning the fact that Paul Truong is a strong chess
player. In spite of the fact that I beat him in a tournament in 1980
when he was a kid, he is a solid master now.

The question is his claim to have won 11 national chess titles. I was
pointing out that he has won no national chess titles in the United
States. There is no record of him winning any national chess titles in
Vietnam before he came to America either.

Similarly, Susan Polgar claims on her website to be a "Winner of 4
Woman's World Championships". We all know that she won the Woman's
World Championship one time, in 1996. She refused to defend her title
and there is no record of her winning any other three world titles.

Since they are running for election, it is to be expected that they
would explain these discrepancies. Unfortunately, until recently,
every time they were asked about these discrepancies on the USCF
Forums, the moderators deleted the questions and usually the entire
threads.

Sam Sloan

  #5   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.vietnamese,alt.politics.vietnamese
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Paul Truong's Tournament Career

The Susan Polgar National Open for Girls had 119 players.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain....821.0-13398051

This seems to be her most successful event to date.

However, she was not the sponsor of the event. The event was sponsored
by "Paper Clip Pairings" what ever that is. The director was Victor
Flores.

Susan Polgar is easily the most tireless self promoter in the world of
chess.

Go to the MSA, hit "Look up a Tournament" and type in "Polgar"

http://www.uschess.org/msa/TnmtLst.php

You will find 297 tournaments named SUSAN POLGAR THIS or THAT.

However, few of them have more than 30 players.

Sam Sloan



  #6   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess.ics
Rob Rob is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,980
Default Sam Sloan's McCarthyism!

On Jun 5, 5:57 pm, "Chess One" wrote:
having liberally smeared everyone who might contest his precious seat, mr
slaon now proceeds to smear a player's record. i have seen paul troung play
the twice european junior champion and russian champion too. otb mr truong
would smear mr sloan! and so would i!

but this is of little matter, since earlier today mr slaon has also raised
the question of marriage partners, which might give this group a laugh, as
if he, sam sloan, would now like to invigilate what is normally private
matters of partnership - though his interest is only about political
opponents

the same sloan who resists questions about his own rather juvenile interests
to the extent of banning rob mitchell who asked about it

i don't think this is a new low, since what you read here, dear reader, is
just what people will say in public - the private stuff is [email protected]

i didn't do too badly against the gent mentioned at top, but paul truong did
better, and i don't need to fake my chess strength to say so, and don't need
to pretend that i see strong play in action from mr troung, against the very
best!

what sam slaon is doing here is to 'question' yet another issue as mccarthy
did, and which he too he is both incompetent to understand, and of course,
to cast doubt upon from other motivation, as the sad senator did himself to
amreican people from - what you think? - paranoia alone, or combined with
not-a-little grandstanding?

Phil Innes

"samsloan" wrote in message

ups.com...

ost:52052 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm


jacklemoine wrote:
"Harry, you're mixing up several issues, some of which you added after
you started this thread. Then you leapt to conclusions about
exagerated claims.


"Didn't Paul win some national level championships right here in the
US? I'm sure you could look it up. I think he won a scholastic team
championship as well as an amateur team championship. In fact, I read
somewhere he won the 2001 US Open Blitz Championship. Come on!


"Harry, I just think that you are artifically demeaning Paul's
achievements in chess."


Sorry, but you are mistaken. Paul Truong has never won a national
championship of any kind in the US. Indeed, other than blitz
tournaments at the Polgar Chess Club, he has played very little.


Almost all of his tournament victories were on the Internet on US
Chess Live where he was ultimately suspended for cheating.


http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12123950


My information is that Paul Truong has been suspended or banned for
cheating on all the major Internet Chess Servers, including ICC, WCN
and US Chess Live. I do not know about FICS or playchess.com .


Sam Sloan


Sloan liberally smears others in his odd fashion. Rather than directly
accuse he will imply. Rather than answer questions he will ignore them
and attempt to destroy the questioner. Sloan is a symptom of all that
is wrong with the USCF. He is the canker sore that calls to witness
the world of the diseased body politic of US chess. The problem is;
even if chess is healed it will not make Sloan go away.. He remains
the typhoid Mary of chess.
Rob

  #7   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess.ics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Sam Sloan's McCarthyism!

On Jun 6, 12:44 am, Rob wrote:
On Jun 5, 5:57 pm, "Chess One" wrote:



having liberally smeared everyone who might contest his precious seat, mr
slaon now proceeds to smear a player's record. i have seen paul troung play
the twice european junior champion and russian champion too. otb mr truong
would smear mr sloan! and so would i!


but this is of little matter, since earlier today mr slaon has also raised
the question of marriage partners, which might give this group a laugh, as
if he, sam sloan, would now like to invigilate what is normally private
matters of partnership - though his interest is only about political
opponents


the same sloan who resists questions about his own rather juvenile interests
to the extent of banning rob mitchell who asked about it


i don't think this is a new low, since what you read here, dear reader, is
just what people will say in public - the private stuff is [email protected]


i didn't do too badly against the gent mentioned at top, but paul truong did
better, and i don't need to fake my chess strength to say so, and don't need
to pretend that i see strong play in action from mr troung, against the very
best!


what sam slaon is doing here is to 'question' yet another issue as mccarthy
did, and which he too he is both incompetent to understand, and of course,
to cast doubt upon from other motivation, as the sad senator did himself to
amreican people from - what you think? - paranoia alone, or combined with
not-a-little grandstanding?


Phil Innes


"samsloan" wrote in message


oups.com...


ost:52052 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm


jacklemoine wrote:
"Harry, you're mixing up several issues, some of which you added after
you started this thread. Then you leapt to conclusions about
exagerated claims.


"Didn't Paul win some national level championships right here in the
US? I'm sure you could look it up. I think he won a scholastic team
championship as well as an amateur team championship. In fact, I read
somewhere he won the 2001 US Open Blitz Championship. Come on!


"Harry, I just think that you are artifically demeaning Paul's
achievements in chess."


Sorry, but you are mistaken. Paul Truong has never won a national
championship of any kind in the US. Indeed, other than blitz
tournaments at the Polgar Chess Club, he has played very little.


Almost all of his tournament victories were on the Internet on US
Chess Live where he was ultimately suspended for cheating.


http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12123950


My information is that Paul Truong has been suspended or banned for
cheating on all the major Internet Chess Servers, including ICC, WCN
and US Chess Live. I do not know about FICS or playchess.com .


Sam Sloan


Sloan liberally smears others in his odd fashion. Rather than directly
accuse he will imply. Rather than answer questions he will ignore them
and attempt to destroy the questioner. Sloan is a symptom of all that
is wrong with the USCF. He is the canker sore that calls to witness
the world of the diseased body politic of US chess. The problem is;
even if chess is healed it will not make Sloan go away.. He remains
the typhoid Mary of chess.
Rob


Don't you realize how foolish it makes you seem that you attack me all
the time just because, with good reason, I have banned you and will
not let you back into my private email group?

You claim to be a big-time life insurance salesman and yet you have
nothing to do with your life but attack me thinking that this will
eventually force me to let you back into my group.

Sam Sloan

  #8   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess.ics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Sam Sloan's McCarthyism!


"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...

Don't you realize how foolish it makes you seem that you attack me all
the time just because, with good reason,


With the most spurious reasons I ever read - would make a cat laugh out loud
!

I have banned you and will
not let you back into my private email group?

You claim to be a big-time life insurance salesman


O no! That word 'claim', which when added to 'big-time' makes what an
ordinarily modest bloke does for a living into a new outrage!

Maybe I should start to collect Sam Sloan jokes? Unfortunately they are not
on this model:

What time is it? - You mean, now?

Which is merely daft and obvious evasion. They are more on the scandal
seeking exaggeration-kind.

and yet you have
nothing to do with your life but attack me thinking that this will


Sam Sloan, entering his 60's after being out in the cold for a long time,
has become more than a tad paranoid!

a) The PREVIOUS month Rob Mitchell spent substantial amount of time with
Louis Blair [imagine!] defending Sloan's work
b) when the SUBJECT changed to another of Sloan's activities - this is
called 'an attack'.

Sloan has also pulled the same **** with me, suggesting that just because we
publish USCF board-aspirants that we endorse the same people. When he /ran
away/ from the very same interview questions put to them.

If this is really not hysterical paranoia, what else is it, other than
dementia or just plain lying?

eventually force me to let you back into my group.


The only reason I stay in your group is to observe the more egregious lies -
and also note who supports them, and if they ever address the chess public?

The latest / taboo / subject on your group was the question of what benefits
scholastic players, when Sloan criticised Polgar for saying 12 hours a day
at chess is too long, no one spoke about the children's welfare.

Instead they spoke about who owned the tournament, and how much all this
che$$ was worth to USCF.

Phil Innes
Vermont
-------

Sam Sloan



  #9   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.vietnamese,alt.politics.vietnamese
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default Paul Truong's Tournament Career

On Jun 5, 7:35 pm, samsloan wrote:
Phil,

Nobody is questioning the fact that Paul Truong is a strong chess
player. In spite of the fact that I beat him in a tournament in 1980
when he was a kid, he is a solid master now.

The question is his claim to have won 11 national chess titles. I was
pointing out that he has won no national chess titles in the United
States. There is no record of him winning any national chess titles in
Vietnam before he came to America either.

Similarly, Susan Polgar claims on her website to be a "Winner of 4
Woman's World Championships". We all know that she won the Woman's
World Championship one time, in 1996. She refused to defend her title
and there is no record of her winning any other three world titles.

Since they are running for election, it is to be expected that they
would explain these discrepancies. Unfortunately, until recently,
every time they were asked about these discrepancies on the USCF
Forums, the moderators deleted the questions and usually the entire
threads.

Sam Sloan


Maybe this is another case like that of Ray Keene, where
the only person in the whole world who knows about all the
mysterious "extra" championships is the claimant him/her
self? While I would assume a women's world championship
ought to be known to the whole world, there are sometimes
events which really happened and yet about which there was
never any publicity or published account, or about which the
published account got the key facts wrong.

Take the nearly-an-IM title, for instance; nowhere in the
archives of FIDE will you find any example of this title being
awarded, yet we all now that Phil Innes has it nonetheless.
Or Innes' 2450 rating, which was never published although
verified in Shakespeare's own newsgroup! Heaven knows I
won or tied for first in countless tourneys about which
nothing ever got published, because the events were
unrated and advertized mainly by word of mouth.

But the real issue here is two men apparently fighting it
out over one woman: Susan Polgar. While SS seems to
strongly dislike her, in reality he's just playing "hard to get".
We all can guess why PI wants her: SP's book collection on
the Sicilian Pelikan is unmatched. Now enter "the third man",
Paul Truong, who is said to be unrivaled at internet chess
cheating. Naturally, PI is envious, but it was SS who once
again revealed his strong desire for the girl by lashing out
at the newcomer.

I have a suggestion: why doesn't someone just ask Ms.
Polgar and Mr. Truong to name the events in which they won
national or women's championships"? You never know, they
might surprise us all. (I won one of these back in 1957, but
it was later thrown out when they discovered I was wearing
a wig.)

-- help bot



  #10   Report Post  
Old June 6th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.vietnamese,alt.politics.vietnamese
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Paul Truong's Tournament Career

On Jun 6, 8:06 am, help bot wrote:

But the real issue here is two men apparently fighting it
out over one woman: Susan Polgar. While SS seems to
strongly dislike her, in reality he's just playing "hard to get".


I do not personally dislike Susan Polgar. Actually, I want to get back
with her again. For me, the idea result of this election would be for
me and her to be elected and Truong defeated. Then, I could meet with
her in closed session where Truong would not be allowed to enter the
room.

Sam Sloan

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul Truong's Tournament Career samsloan rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 7 June 6th 07 05:44 PM
rgc Tournament PGN Rob rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 81 March 4th 07 06:14 AM
RGC chess tournament Rob rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 19 February 14th 07 10:48 PM
Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 13 August 3rd 06 04:50 AM
Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan [email protected] alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 12 August 3rd 06 04:50 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017