Old June 6th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Bauer spanked me

Sam, if you could get jiust one fact right in this "discussion" it
would be a miracle.

First, if, in fact, Hanke "disappeared" in January 2004 it will be
news to all of us on the Board who saw him at the US Open in August
2004, at the Board meeting in Crossville in September 2004, heard him
vote on the teleconference to move the office in October, and then saw
him in person at the meeting in Boca Raton in December 2004.

Oh, sure, Sam probably meant January 2005, right - just a harmless
slip? That, however, wouldn't explain the fact that Tim Hanke
participated in the Board meeting by phone in May 2005. That, of
course, was my last Board meeting, and Tim was very much around and
available. Should he have been needed, he would have got on the phone
and voted.

Sam is right (!) that once the Board had decided, I did what I could
to represent a united front. I would submit that is a major difference
between the two of us. At some point in time, you have to move on and
not fight and re-fight the same battles - it will not move the USCF
forward. We need people on the Board who can move on. Given the fact
that I am on reasonably good speaking terms with the people on the
opposite side of the slate last election (Joel Channing, Don Schultz,
Bill Goichberg), that is one thing people can expect with me on the
Board - we'll be able to work together and not let the last
disagreement paralyze the Board or our working relationship.

Still, I have to go back to the "facts thing" -- if Sam can't even get
simple facts right, do you really trust him with the complicated
stuff?
_________________
Randy Bauer

Old July 8th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

On Jun 5, 9:29 pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

The above posting constitutes strong evidence if not proof that Randy
Bauer is the Fake Sam Sloan.

Please take a close look at it.

The Real Sam Sloan

Old July 9th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

On Jul 8, 3:55 pm, samsloan wrote:

[...]

Dear Real Sam Sloan,

Apart from the (smudged) fingerprints and (inconclusive)
DNA samples I took, what makes you so certain that
Randy Bauer is the fake Sam Sloan? Our research
department is tracing the post back to its origin in
outer Mongolia as we speak, but it looks like a dead
end on account of the originating computer has been
purloined and its owner gone missing (likely murdered).

My associates strongly suspect the involvement of Putin,
Chavez, or maybe even Bush(?!!), but that is merely idle
conjecture at this stage. We need hard evidence, and
I cannot imagine that you got there ahead of us and
smudged the prints after taking samples yourself, so
that leaves only the posting's headers and any noted
similarities in writing style; for instance, I noticed that
RB has a tendency to call you by your first name and
correct your factual errors, but this only narrows the
field a tiny bit.

One other thing I noticed is the all-too-frequent mention
of someone called "Hanke", and we suspect this may
be a code name for some KGB agent or even a double
agent working for/against both sides. We're looking into
the matter now.

BTW, let us know if you need any help with those
annoying pests in rgc, like Mr. Brock used to be; we
have ways of dealing with such people; or you may
wish to merely win another grudge match with our
expert help (bugging, wiretaps, mild poisonings, etc.).
Rumor has it that one of our employees used to be
a world chess champion, so it's in the bag, no matter
if Randy Bauer is as good as he may think!

-- no one

(You never even saw this secret message.)

*This is a self-destructing message* -- stand away
from your computer in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 seconds... .