Old March 4th 04, 11:19 PM
mike0219116

Default How can I keep Crafty from ripping my head off?

I enjoy playing Crafty with Winboard, but I can't seem to bring it down to
my level (which may be impossible). Anyway, here's my current crafty.rc
file:

log off
book off
ponder off
st 1
hash 64K
hashp 16
sd 1
extension check 0
extension recapture 0
extension 1reply 0
null 0
exit

Any suggestions on how to make it weaker?

Old March 18th 04, 10:14 AM
Mikko Nummelin

"mike0219116" wrote in message
news:eQO1c.22944$Bz3.320[email protected]

I enjoy playing Crafty with Winboard, but I can't seem to bring it
down to my level (which may be impossible). Anyway, here's my current
crafty.rc file:

log off
book off
ponder off
st 1
hash 64K
hashp 16
sd 1
extension check 0
extension recapture 0
extension 1reply 0
null 0
exit

Any suggestions on how to make it weaker?

Tweak Crafty's evaluation function constants on 'evaluate.h'.

Mikko Nummelin
Old March 18th 04, 12:03 PM
matt -`;'-

"mike0219116" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I enjoy playing Crafty with Winboard, but I can't seem to bring it down to
my level (which may be impossible). Anyway, here's my current crafty.rc
file:

log off
book off
ponder off
st 1
hash 64K
hashp 16
sd 1
extension check 0
extension recapture 0
extension 1reply 0
null 0
exit

Any suggestions on how to make it weaker?

There is a Crafty 19.11SE version that has custom players. I have used it a
lot and it is great! You can select lower strength players to play against.
Send an email to Mike Byrne who is responsible for creating the custom
players in Crafty (created by Prof. Robert Hyatt) and he can help you out.
The players range from amatuer to GM's and you have a good selection of
varied playing strengths to choose from.

Mike can be reached he
"MICHAEL BYRNE"

HTH's, matt