Old March 5th 04, 09:22 AM
Mikko Nummelin

Default Needle 0.51 released

I have released a new version of my chess engine, Needle. It is available
from address

http://www.math.hut.fi/~mnummeli/needle/

Improvements (hopefully so!) from previous version are for example new
evaluation function, unmakemove and resign option, but the complete diff
is also available on the site for those interested.

A question: If anyone tests this, are there any suggestions to improve the
still somewhat suboptimal evaluation function (on 'evaluate.c')?

Mikko Nummelin
Old March 5th 04, 09:04 PM
Andres Valverde

Mikko Nummelin wrote (escribió) :

Hi, does it support WB II protocol?

I have released a new version of my chess engine, Needle. It is available
from address

http://www.math.hut.fi/~mnummeli/needle/

Improvements (hopefully so!) from previous version are for example new
evaluation function, unmakemove and resign option, but the complete diff
is also available on the site for those interested.

A question: If anyone tests this, are there any suggestions to improve the
still somewhat suboptimal evaluation function (on 'evaluate.c')?

Mikko Nummelin

Saludos, Andres

http://www.ectool.nu

Old March 6th 04, 03:09 PM
Mikko Nummelin

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Andres Valverde wrote:

Mikko Nummelin wrote (escribió) :

Hi, does it support WB II protocol?

It supports ONLY xboard/winboard protocol number 2, i.e. if it does not
receive "protover 2" in xboard mode, it crashes. This is because it has no
edit mode, but uses the protocol-2-only "setboard" instead. I think this
should be fixed later.

Mikko Nummelin