Old June 15th 07, 12:45 PM
Junior Member

Default Best Chess Computers

Which current chess computers are the best in the class - both for desktop and handheld? The Citrine is the latest from the Novag stable, whilst the latest handheld is the Talking Touch from Excalibur. This Squidoo best computer pick page was good on the subject, whilst retailers such as this retailer of handheld chess computers has a good range and good reviews. I even found a blog for electronic chess reviews - any thoughts?
Old June 18th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

'Squidoo best computer' (http://www.squidoo.com/chess-computers) pick
page was good on the subject, whilst retailers such as this retailer of
'handheld chess computers'
(http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/CARTgallery8.htm) has a good range and
good reviews. I even found a 'blog for electronic chess'
(http://www.chesscomputer.co.uk) reviews - any thoughts?

This is going to vary from person to person...its like a Ford or Chevy
thing, and it depends on what your using it for, but for me...

Softwa Fritz 10
Desktop: Mephisto Exclusive (w/Senator cartridge)
Handheld: ChessGenius 1.8 (on my iPac Pocket PC)

I also have Medieval Kings II on my Blackberry, but its not very
strong at all.