Old June 15th 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Guy Macon on "What Programming Language for writing a chess engine?"

"Dave" wrote:

I'm interested in getting started in writing a chess engine. I've got the
ideas etc... but wondered what is the best programming language to use.
i.e. Is there one language that all the best engines are written in or do
they vary?

The best programming language is, of course, the BEST programming language.

BEST is a programming language that I developed to answer the frequently
asked question "Which programming language is best?" once and for all.

BEST is a Befunge-93[2] pseudocompiler written in Malborge[3][6] with
library calls to routines written in Microsoft Visual BogusFORTH++
(!Kung edition)[7][4][9] that invoke various functions written in
Reverse Polish Whitespace (for clarity).[1]

I hope this helps...