Old June 18th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Rybka versus Hydra?

AS far as I know, there hasn't been a match between Rybka and Hydra.
Which do you think would win a match?
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old June 18th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Jun 18, 2:57 am, Jud McCranie
wrote:
AS far as I know, there hasn't been a match between Rybka and Hydra.
Which do you think would win a match?

My money would be on the dedicated hardware based Hydra. It's anti-
human style will not help it much against another engine, but it can
still take the game into areas that other engines find difficult to
compute accurately and then exploit its dedicated high speed pattern
matching hardware to the full.

The problem for Hydra is that by being dedicated hardware it has its
speed advantage eroded with time as modern PC CPUs get faster and more
numerous in a single box. Before too long I would have to bet on Rybka
on a multiCPU.

I doubt if such a match will ever take place, but we can live in
hope.
Any super rich chess sponsors out there fancy putting up the prize
money?

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old June 19th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Would that be nice to be a rich guy like Bill Gates , id sponsor the
best vs the best all the time ...