Old June 18th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Capturing Positions from Diagrams

I was wondering if there was an easy way to capture the Forsythe (FEN)
notation of a chess position from a diagram like we often find on the
Net. Most positions are shown in diagram form and the only way I know
to transfer said position to other chess programs is by manually and
tediously setting it up. Anyone know of a simpler way?