Old June 19th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Brady Elected President of the Marshall Chess Club

Marshall Chess Club
23 West Tenth Street
New York, NY 10011

June 19, 2007

For Immediate Release

New Marshall Chess Club President

New York  Dr. Frank Brady, an International Arbiter of the World
Chess Federation (FIDE), was unanimously elected last night as the new
president of the Marshall Chess Club.

The Marshall is recognized as one of the largest and most prestigious
chess clubs in the world, with over 25 International Grandmasters and
scores of other Masters among some 300 members. It was founded by
Frank J. Marshall, a Grandmaster and U.S. Champion. The club has been
housed in a landmark brownstone building since 1931.

The first time I visited the club as a teenager, I felt I had entered
chess heaven & there were many of the great and historic chess players
that I had been studying and reading about, said Dr. Brady.

In addition to his chess playing career, Dr. Brady is the Chair of the
Mass Communications Department of St. John's University. He is the
author of ten books, including the perennial chess bestseller, Profile
of a Prodigy: The Life and Games of Bobby Fischer.

I will do everything I can to uphold the tradition of excellence and
expertise that the Marshall has displayed over the years. It is a
great honor to be elected president of this distinguished club.

Phone 212-477-3716 Fax 212-995-9281

www.marshallchessclub.org