Old March 7th 04, 04:18 AM
Michael Byrne

Default Bookup and Mike Leahy

I have seen a lot of unflattering posts about Mike Leahy and his
program Bookup from one or two posters.

Background:

I first purchased Bookup many years ago -- perhaps it was in 1991 or
1992 at the Phildelphia World Open. He had a little table setup and
was demoing his chess software "Bookup". The one feature that it had
and it has today was "backsolver". "Backsolver" is a very nifty
utililty unlike anything that I have ever seen in any other chess
program then since. His Bookup program and "backsolver" essentially
"connects the dots" and from a given position will lead down you the
best line of play from that point forward. A powerful tool.

I got to meet Mike back then and he is one of the friendiest and
"straight shooters" that I have ever met. A few months ago I
downloaded his Bookup lite software with one of the objectives was to
check about this "spamming" this that had been alledged here. When
you download Bookup lite - which is free, you agree to receive about a
week's worth of emails from Mike about his product 'Bookup".

As promised, I got about 7 or 8 non intrusive emails and that was it -
they stopped. No Spam nothing. About few weeks after that, there was
one other email about a special deal they were offering -- I was ok
with that. Nothing since then. Did I also mentioned that Bookup has
no copy protection - that's a breath of fresh air.

The people posting negative comments about Mike had a bad experience
with either Bookup or Mike both - well anybody that has been in
business long enough will have one customer or two who felt they were
wronged- that's just the way life is -- but I am here to tell you
that Mike has thousands of satisfied of customers - some of whom may
be even afraid to post what they think because we know these two
idiots on r.g.c.c who are coming after anybody and everybody who
stands up for Mike. The one poster is a known and admitted "cracker",
the other has probelms with his multiple personalities responding to
his own posts on r.g.c.c.

Please join me in making a toast to Mike Leahy and wishing him
continued success with his excellent chess program Bookup.

Michael Byrne
Old March 7th 04, 01:48 PM
Jo Steinschuld

Michael,

I can only support your opinion about Mike and BookUp. My experiences with
Mike are also very positive and also very fast with communicating
suggestions. I can' t recognize anything truefull in this bunch of lies
from this spammers (please Mr. Spammer: don't reply I know already your
vocabulaire) and well, I'm not paid by BookUp.

Sincerely,
Jo Steinschuld

om...

Old March 7th 04, 04:03 PM
Mike Leahy

"Michael Byrne" wrote in message
om...
Please join me in making a toast to Mike Leahy and wishing him
continued success with his excellent chess program Bookup.

Michael Byrne

Thanks, Michael.

On one hand it would be flattering to see as many flaming posts
from trolls in public forums attacking me as there are posts attacking
Bill Gates.

On the other hand it would be great to experience rgc as a civil
place to converse.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
http://www.bookup.com/chessopeningsintro1.htm

Old March 7th 04, 05:57 PM
Noah Roberts

Nonyz wrote:

Doesn't that annoy you, you little whore?

*plonk*

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old March 7th 04, 07:50 PM
Michael Figg

How do you get all the Mike's and Michael's on your side?

Michael Figg

On 3/7/04 11:03 AM, in article
, "Mike Leahy"

Old March 7th 04, 08:28 PM
Linares__Lulls

How do you get all the Mike's and Michael's on your side?

Easy thing to do when you're all the same person.

Jason Repa

Old March 7th 04, 09:14 PM
Linares__Lulls

Default Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor his so-called Money Back Promise

1. Mike Leahy spams the hell out of you if you are foolish enough to give
him your email address, and he will sell that email address to third parties
and they will spam the hell out of you. This is what he did to me and
numerous others.

2. He did not honor his "money-back-guarantee" when an individual bought his
software and later returned it, thereby committing theft as well.

3. Bookup is garbage! Leahy is an out of work programmer that knows very
little about chess. The interface is crap, the functionality is crap, and it
doesn't do a single thing that Chessbase can't do. What Leahy lacks in
programming skill and chess knowledge, he definitely makes up for with his
very aggressive marketing practices

These are the facts, plain and simple. If you want to be a fool, and a
moron....go ahead and throw your money away. If you want to be smart, stick
to reputable software manufacturers that back up their policies.