Old March 10th 04, 10:17 AM
Karl Farmer

Default "Chess Artist" vs. "Bobby Fischer Goes to War"

Of these two books, I much prefer the first to the second. The fact
is Fischer is old news. "The Chess Artist" tells the whole history of
the game, and gives it all in terns of simuls, blindfolds, big
tournaments, the history of chess problems, the ICC, etc. "...Goes to
War" tells a story we've all heard a million times and makes some
terrible blunders along the way. The chess world is better served by
"The Chess Artist," which brings life to the game, than by a dead
story that makes it look like old news anyway.

Any thoughts?