Old July 9th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Freeware??

Hello,

Is there a freeware chess program for windows xp? My old uncle want's one!
So I promissed him to look for one, but I can't find anything. Something
like Chess Titan from Vista would be great. No internet, just him and his pc
is the idea.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greatings Robert

Old July 10th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 15:44:26 +0200, "Robert de Vries"
wrote:

Hello,

Is there a freeware chess program for windows xp? My old uncle want's one!
So I promissed him to look for one, but I can't find anything. Something
like Chess Titan from Vista would be great. No internet, just him and his pc
is the idea.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greatings Robert

Take a look on this page:

http://members.home.nl/matador/prodeo.htm

It might be useful for you and your uncle.

Dan
Old July 11th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Dan R." schreef in bericht
wrote:

Hello,

Is there a freeware chess program for windows xp? My old uncle want's one!
So I promissed him to look for one, but I can't find anything. Something
like Chess Titan from Vista would be great. No internet, just him and his
pc
is the idea.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greatings Robert

Take a look on this page:

http://members.home.nl/matador/prodeo.htm

It might be useful for you and your uncle.

Dan

Thank you so much Dan
It sure is helpfull!!
Great
Greatings Robert

Old July 12th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Robert de Vries" wrote in message
bel.net...

"Dan R." schreef in bericht
wrote:

Hello,

Is there a freeware chess program for windows xp? My old uncle want's
one!
So I promissed him to look for one, but I can't find anything. Something
like Chess Titan from Vista would be great. No internet, just him and his
pc
is the idea.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greatings Robert

Take a look on this page:

http://members.home.nl/matador/prodeo.htm

It might be useful for you and your uncle.

Dan

Thank you so much Dan
It sure is helpfull!!
Great
Greatings Robert

Just do a search for 'Arena' which is a great chess gui that you can use
for any winboard/ uci chess engine