Old July 10th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Input a game from Chernev's Logical Chess - Move By Move

I thought I knew how to do this but I guess I don't.

How can I put a game into Chessbase by moving the pieces for both
sides?

I've looked through the help and in Google but I can't figure it out.

I'm trying to input a game from Chernev's Logical Chess book.

Thanks in advance.
Old July 11th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:45:26 -0400, Fred wrote:

I thought I knew how to do this but I guess I don't.

How can I put a game into Chessbase by moving the pieces for both
sides?

Go to File / New / Board. Then you can enter the moves for both sides
by moving the pieces. You also have the option there of storing it in
an existing database. If you don't put it in an existing database, I
think it will ask you if you Save.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old July 11th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:24:26 -0400, Jud McCranie
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:45:26 -0400, Fred wrote:

I thought I knew how to do this but I guess I don't.

How can I put a game into Chessbase by moving the pieces for both
sides?

Go to File / New / Board. Then you can enter the moves for both sides
by moving the pieces. You also have the option there of storing it in
an existing database. If you don't put it in an existing database, I
think it will ask you if you Save.

I messed this up. I am trying to put it into Chessmaster 9000.

Can you help me with that?

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.
Old July 12th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Jul 10, 7:11 pm, Fred wrote:

I messed this up. I am trying to put it into Chessmaster 9000.

Can you help me with that?

Go to the Game Room and press CTRL+N to start a new game. Enter the
names of the two players in the spaces provided for White and Black.
Also make sure that both players are humans by pressing the button
that shows a human face, as this will allow you to enter moves for
both sides.

Press OK, then just enter the moves for both sides until you've
reached the end of the game. Now you can save the game by pressing CTRL
+S. However, note that you can't undo a move, so if you make a mistake
you'll have to either restart the process or take the move back (with
CTRL+T) and enter the correct move. This will create a new variation,
but the original (incorrect) move will always be there.

jm

Old July 12th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

wrote:
However, note that you can't undo a move, so if you make a mistake
you'll have to either restart the process or take the move back
(with CTRL+T) and enter the correct move. This will create a new
variation, but the original (incorrect) move will always be there.

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Chessmaster was clearly not designed to be even a
basic game database.

You should be able to find an old version of Fritz for next to no
money. If you intend inputing more than a couple of games, it's
probably worth it.

Or get a copy of SCID, which is free.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Erotic Adult Drink (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ refreshing juice beverage that you