Old March 15th 04, 11:46 AM
ipb

Default the best online chess sites??????

where can I play chess online live with opponents from all around the world?
thanx !

p.s. which site is the best (your opinnion)

---

Old March 15th 04, 01:00 PM
Amos Soma

I've tried three of them:

1) Yahoo - There appears to be many cheaters there (those who use chess
software to make their moves)
2) ICC (www.chessclub.com) - I like this the best. Nominal fee. They go to
great (maybe excessive) lengths to detect cheaters.
3) World Chess Network (www.worldchessnework.com) - I've played here as
well, but don't like it as well as #2. Doesn't seem to be as flexible.

Old March 15th 04, 01:08 PM
David Richerby

ipb wrote:
where can I play chess online live with opponents from all around the
world? thanx !

p.s. which site is the best (your opinnion)

This has been discussed here many times before -- have a look at the
archives on groups.google.com

FICS http://www.freechess.org/
ICC http://www.chessclub.com/
PlayChess ttp://www.playchess.com/

are all much of a muchness, with their advantages and disadvantages. You
can play as a guest for free on all of them. ICC and PlayChess charge for
full membership; FICS is free.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Crystal Pickled Sushi (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a raw fish but it's preserved in
Old March 18th 04, 11:20 AM
matt -`;'-

"ipb" wrote in message ...
where can I play chess online live with opponents from all around the

world?
thanx !

p.s. which site is the best (your opinnion)

---

I play on FICS, which is free.
You can get a variety of free chess programs that you can use to play on
FICS.
I use ChessClient2.
Its real easy to use and you can be very selective about who you play and at
what time controls.
There are 9 different settings you can set to just about any time control
that you want.
I notice a lot of players like to go for the blitz type games of around 5 to
12 minutes.
Blitz is not bad for a quick game, but if you want to work on developing
your strategy you may want to try for the longer games.
I play any time control from 5 min to 1 hour.
If you decide to play on FICS you can email me if you want to play a game.
I am a bit of a night owl so I tend to play in the late hours of the night
into the morning, eastern time/USA during the week, or varied times on the
weekend.
I am not the greatest player, but if I play too strong you can always play
me after a few beers... : )

You can reach me he matt