Old March 16th 04, 04:58 AM
Ralph Jones

Default Varese

Has anybody successfully installed Varese, http://varese.home.att.net/ in
Linux that could possibly give me some advice?

I keep getting this after executing 'sh ./install.bin'....

Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

com/zerog/lax/LAX

I have the Java VM 1.4.2 (I tried 1.5.0beta but that didn't help) and
Runtime Environment installed. I'm trying to install it on SuSE 9.0.

Old March 16th 04, 06:28 PM
Marko Tosic

Ralph Jones wrote:

Has anybody successfully installed Varese, http://varese.home.att.net/ in
Linux that could possibly give me some advice?

I just installed it and it seems to work fine.
I used Sun's j2sdk1.4.2 on a Debian Linux box.

Maybe you should give the "Other Java-enabled Platforms" installer from
their detailed download page a try.
It is startet by 'java -jar install.jar'

Good luck

Marko