Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 19th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,365
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

Hello Friends,

It was a lot of shuffling both the Programmers and the Technical
difficulties in designing the new Chess game. The ice has not even
come to surface till now. And many tons are still under water.

It's a month time, I said GetClub Chess will awake in a month. But
still it is sleeping in a tunnel. Lots of problems has come together.
But I am glad to get suggestions from Help Bot. And I think it will
take 20-25 days more before you can start playing at GetClub Chess.

Currently the main problem of the game will be removed that is its
resource hog problem. And I have a few questions.

1. Will the players mind Signing the Applet before Playing Chess.
(Need to be done only once.)

2. How many players have dual/ quad processors. and How many are
working on 64 bit computing. As I think the Chess game should take
advantage of new technologies also.

3. You have to wait 20-25 days and you will be able to play a Improved
Chess game at GetClub.

Bye
Sanny.

  #2   Report Post  
Old July 19th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,305
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

Sanny wrote:
Hello Friends,

It was a lot of shuffling both the Programmers and the Technical
difficulties in designing the new Chess game. The ice has not even
come to surface till now. And many tons are still under water.

It's a month time, I said GetClub Chess will awake in a month. But
still it is sleeping in a tunnel. Lots of problems has come together.
But I am glad to get suggestions from Help Bot. And I think it will
take 20-25 days more before you can start playing at GetClub Chess.

Currently the main problem of the game will be removed that is its
resource hog problem. And I have a few questions.

1. Will the players mind Signing the Applet before Playing Chess.
(Need to be done only once.)

2. How many players have dual/ quad processors. and How many are
working on 64 bit computing. As I think the Chess game should take
advantage of new technologies also.

3. You have to wait 20-25 days and you will be able to play a Improved
Chess game at GetClub.

Bye
Sanny.


GetClub has been down?

I thought it was just thinking about the next move.

Should I close the window and give up on the game?


--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 20th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,365
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

GetClub has been down?

I thought it was just thinking about the next move.

Should I close the window and give up on the game?


Yes, I told a month back it will be down for a month, now wait for
20-25 days more. And you can again play those game. If your game was
recorded than you can resume the game from where you left.

I hope new improvements will bring fruits.

Bye
Sanny.

  #4   Report Post  
Old July 20th 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

On Jul 19, 3:36 am, Sanny wrote:

Hello Friends,

It was a lot of shuffling both the Programmers and the Technical
difficulties in designing the new Chess game. The ice has not even
come to surface till now. And many tons are still under water.

It's a month time, I said GetClub Chess will awake in a month. But
still it is sleeping in a tunnel. Lots of problems has come together.
But I am glad to get suggestions from Help Bot. And I think it will
take 20-25 days more before you can start playing at GetClub Chess.

Currently the main problem of the game will be removed that is its
resource hog problem. And I have a few questions.

1. Will the players mind Signing the Applet before Playing Chess.
(Need to be done only once.)

2. How many players have dual/ quad processors. and How many are
working on 64 bit computing. As I think the Chess game should take
advantage of new technologies also.



I fairly recently learned that just buying a computer
which sports a 64-bit processor is not enough; one
must also be running an operating system which
supports 64 bits, and these are few and far between.

This might explain why, after downloading the 64-bit
version of a Rybka chess program demo, it would not
work. A month or two later I tried again, and sure
enough, the same demo in its 32-bit version worked
properly on my machine.

Generally speaking, there will be a few people who
"demand" that their super-charged systems be
supported by a special version which is stronger,
faster. But by and large, most people will still be
unable to make use of the quad or even dual
processor stuff, on account of not being up to snuff
in the OS department.


-- help bot

  #5   Report Post  
Old July 20th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

On Jul 19, 3:02 pm, Kenneth Sloan wrote:

3. You have to wait 20-25 days and you will be able to play a Improved
Chess game at GetClub.


Bye
Sanny.


GetClub has been down?

I thought it was just thinking about the next move.

Should I close the window and give up on the game?



Very funny. Where I live, the idea of leaving the
computer running for that long would never work;
there is always a storm coming along, which
knocks out the power at random intervals. Of
course, I could spring for an uninterruptable
power supply and a generator.


While GetClub represented the worst when it
comes to computer chess programs, the very
best have their own troubles, like being next to
impossible to beat, referencing massive data-
bases for both the opening and endgame phases,
and an annoying style which allows for any crazy
scheme to work out in the end, due to the
computer's huge superiority in tactics.


Right now I am still playing games at RedHot,
and noticed a few very minor snafus not unlike
the much bigger ones we complained about at
GetClub. One example is that when using the
analysis board (something I don't do very often,
BTW), the program doesn't seem to recognize
the en passant rule, and so it mishandles these
exchanges -- not a big deal, really. In fact,
despite how weak Sanny's program was and
his crazy approach to creating what amounted
to an openings book, the one thing which iced
it for me was the slowness, combined with the
multitude of annoying pop-up ads which made
their appearance more recently. Add in a dash
of system instability or rather, a tendency of the
site to make one's computer freeze up, and... .


-- help bot



  #6   Report Post  
Old July 20th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,305
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

help bot wrote:


Very funny. Where I live, the idea of leaving the
computer running for that long would never work;
there is always a storm coming along, which
knocks out the power at random intervals. Of
course, I could spring for an uninterruptable
power supply and a generator.


I have UPS boxes scattered all through the house. 95% of the power
failures here last no longer than 5 minutes. When the power fails, the
family gathers round to warm themselves by the LCD screen.

The generator is "on the list" - but I'm holding out for a completely
automatic natural gas powered generator.

As for "leaving computers on" - I've had computers that were turned on
when installed and powered off only when decommissioned 5 years later.
I once had an office workstation that was not even rebooted for more
than 400 days.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/
  #7   Report Post  
Old July 20th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

On Jul 20, 12:05 pm, Kenneth Sloan wrote:

I have UPS boxes scattered all through the house. 95% of the power
failures here last no longer than 5 minutes. When the power fails, the
family gathers round to warm themselves by the LCD screen.

The generator is "on the list" - but I'm holding out for a completely
automatic natural gas powered generator.

As for "leaving computers on" - I've had computers that were turned on
when installed and powered off only when decommissioned 5 years later.
I once had an office workstation that was not even rebooted for more
than 400 days.



Taken as a whole, this habit of leaving computers
running night and day, even when not in use, is
estimated to result in 4,300,000,000,000 million tons
of carbon dioxide being released into the atmosphere
each year. That's more than the weight of the Earth,
Moon, and all the other planets in our solar system
combined. Now, by just turning off one computer a
day, it is estimated that you could save enough
money to cut our national deficit in half! That's right
folks. In fact, I just recently installed a few of those
newfangled light bulbs throughout the place, and
sure enough, my electric bill was reduced by over
ten thousand dollars a month! Forget about saving
whales -- this is even better.


-- help bot




  #8   Report Post  
Old July 20th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,305
Default GetClub Chess will take Little Longer.

help bot wrote:


Taken as a whole, this habit of leaving computers
running night and day, even when not in use,


Who said anything about "not in use"?



--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Swedish Chess", by Mats Winther Mats Winther rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 0 May 25th 06 11:09 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 February 19th 06 05:44 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 November 18th 05 05:36 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 November 3rd 05 05:30 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017