Old March 17th 04, 08:37 PM
jp

Default shredder 8

How do I turn shredder 8 into a chess player eating machine? I know
you can change some of the engine things and I want to know how to
make shredder become pretty unbeatable, while still not sitting around
for hours. I have a pentium 4 ht 3.06 processor with a gig of RAM.

Can sombody help me....either post here or email me.
Old March 17th 04, 09:19 PM
none

jp wrote:
How do I turn shredder 8 into a chess player eating machine? I know
you can change some of the engine things and I want to know how to
make shredder become pretty unbeatable, while still not sitting around
for hours. I have a pentium 4 ht 3.06 processor with a gig of RAM.

Can sombody help me....either post here or email me.

I assume you mean how to tune it for matches against other computers?
Shredder 8 is already strong enough to pound everyone but the strongest gms.
Old March 17th 04, 10:10 PM
HD

none skrev:

jp wrote:

How do I turn shredder 8 into a chess player eating machine? I know
you can change some of the engine things and I want to know how to
make shredder become pretty unbeatable, while still not sitting around
for hours. I have a pentium 4 ht 3.06 processor with a gig of RAM.

Can sombody help me....either post here or email me.

I assume you mean how to tune it for matches against other computers?
Shredder 8 is already strong enough to pound everyone but the strongest
gms.

Confronted with the very same question somewhere else earlier today, I
replied that - with pure ironi, ofcause - that the defaults should do
the work absolutely ok.

If somebody was to use Shredder to play against other engines - say at
Playchess, this somebody would surely tell it!?
So this must be one of our many unkown 2900+ players, begging for way a
way to make the pure machine at least play something that looks like
chess..!

HD