Old March 19th 04, 02:32 AM
Tony Brown

Default Flip the board in SCID?

Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

Thanks,
T.

Old March 19th 04, 03:30 AM
Simon Waters

Tony Brown wrote:
Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

Click on the rotate board icon seems to work here

It is next to the icons that switch on the board labelling and the turn
indicator, and has a couple of arrows on it indicating rotatin the board.

Old March 19th 04, 05:25 AM
Ricky Robbins

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:32:21 -0600, "Tony Brown"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

Thanks,
T.

Three ways I know of:

1) Flip the monitor upside down. However, this has the disadvantage
of making the pieces upside down. 8)

2) press the period (dot) key (".")

3) Click the button with the two chess boards and the arrows
indicating rotation on the tool bar.

Ricky
Old March 19th 04, 11:16 AM
David Richerby

Ricky Robbins wrote:
"Tony Brown" wrote:
Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

1) Flip the monitor upside down. However, this has the disadvantage
of making the pieces upside down. 8)

Presumably, you can install custom piece bitmaps, though?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Carnivorous Hat (TM): it's like a hat
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ but it's full of teeth!
Old March 19th 04, 03:21 PM
David Richerby

Ricky Robbins wrote:
wrote:
Ricky Robbins wrote:
"Tony Brown" wrote:
Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

1) Flip the monitor upside down. However, this has the disadvantage
of making the pieces upside down. 8)

Presumably, you can install custom piece bitmaps, though?

I'd have to check on that. You'd probably also want a different mouse
driver that worked, directionally, opposite to normal.

That's an issue for the windowing system, not SCID.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Fluorescent Vomit (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ pile of puke but it'll hurt your eyes!

Old March 19th 04, 04:21 PM
Ricky Robbins

On 19 Mar 2004 11:16:06 +0000 (GMT), David Richerby
wrote:

Ricky Robbins wrote:
"Tony Brown" wrote:
Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

1) Flip the monitor upside down. However, this has the disadvantage
of making the pieces upside down. 8)

Presumably, you can install custom piece bitmaps, though?

I'd have to check on that. You'd probably also want a different mouse
driver that worked, directionally, opposite to normal. Perhaps a post
in the wish list for changes to SCID is in order.

Ricky
Old March 19th 04, 05:55 PM
Dwight Beers

wrote:

Does anyone know how to flip the board in SCID?

Thanks,
T.

Three ways I know of:

1) Flip the monitor upside down. However, this has the disadvantage
of making the pieces upside down. 8)

2) press the period (dot) key (".")

3) Click the button with the two chess boards and the arrows
indicating rotation on the tool bar.

Just for the sake of completeness:

4) Go into Options Chessboard My Player Names
and put together a list of players whom you wish to have
the board reversed for when they play the Black pieces.

5) Go to your local hobby shop, purchase small jars of white and
black paint ...

6) Hang from the ceiling when using SCID.