Old July 23rd 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Unethical conduct by Hough, Goichberg and Schultz

I was at a tournament this week-end when I overheard the following
discussion between Randy Hough (USCF board member) and his assistant
TD.

Apparently Randy had collected 6 or 7 blank ballots from local USCF
members and was in the process of voting for them. He and the
asssitant TD were discussing whether it made sense to cast votes for
Don Schultz with these ballots. I don't know who was recieving the
other 3 votes.

I had the sense that Bill Goichberg was aware of this practice.
Strikes me as good old fashion ballot box stuffing. Is this practice
widespread?

Would anyone care to confirm or deny? I certainly advise anyone that
asks my opinion on how I am voting. It seems unethical to me to be
collecting blank ballots and then actually castng the votes.

Allan Fifield
seki
10470218