Old July 23rd 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default new Google Group for chess

I have created a Google Group called "chesstalk" http://groups.google.com/group/chesstalk
as an alternative to the rec.games.chess.* Usenet newsgroups, because
so much nonsense is posted to those groups. Anyone interested in chess
in invited to join. The list owner (me) will have the power to remove
off-topic messages and expel troublemakers, but in general, I want to
stay out of the way.

My email address is beliavsky at aol dot com because I am a fan of GM
Alexander Beliavsky.

Old July 23rd 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Beliavsky wrote:
I have created a Google Group called "chesstalk" http://groups.google.com/group/chesstalk
as an alternative to the rec.games.chess.* Usenet newsgroups, because
so much nonsense is posted to those groups. Anyone interested in chess
in invited to join. The list owner (me) will have the power to remove
off-topic messages and expel troublemakers, but in general, I want to
stay out of the way.

My email address is beliavsky at aol dot com because I am a fan of GM
Alexander Beliavsky.

There are 18 gillion, (+/- 3 gazillion) moderated forums for talking
about chess. This is one of the few that isn't. That is why this
exists, and yes there is crap. But there is also some interesting
stuff, just because it isn't.

Why don't you join any of the moderated groups.
Old July 23rd 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Jul 23, 10:39 am, JohnnyT wrote:

snip

There are 18 gillion, (+/- 3 gazillion) moderated forums for talking
about chess. This is one of the few that isn't. That is why this
exists, and yes there is crap. But there is also some interesting
stuff, just because it isn't.

Why don't you join any of the moderated groups.

I know I could search for them, but which would you recommend? I am
accustomed to the Google Groups interface and would prefer a group
that uses it.

Old July 23rd 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

If you want chess talk without all the garbage, head to
chessforums.org.

--Richard