Old March 19th 04, 11:15 PM
Mike Leahy

Default Bookup Express now free/trial

Bookup 2000 Lite is now obsolete.

I made the Express version into a "try before you buy" and after
the trial period it turns into the Lite version (read only) but with
more features than the old Lite version. Ruffian is included,
for example.

Get it at www.bookup.com

Now Nonyz will have to crack it and/or insult it. Both
will be easy for him to do.

Download it and design your repertoire. See what the fuss is
all about.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
http://www.bookup.com/chessopeningsintro.htm

Old March 19th 04, 11:53 PM
Newsmail

Default Beware, Mike Leahy is a known liar and thief

1. Mike Leahy spams the hell out of you if you are foolish enough to give
him your email address, and he will sell that email address to third parties
and they will spam the hell out of you. This is what he did to me and
numerous others.

2. He did not honor his "money-back-guarantee" when an individual bought his
software and later returned it, thereby committing theft as well.

3. Bookup is garbage! Leahy is an out of work programmer that knows very
little about chess. The interface is crap, the functionality is crap, and it
doesn't do a single thing that Chessbase can't do. What Leahy lacks in
programming skill and chess knowledge, he definitely makes up for with his
very aggressive marketing practices

These are the facts, plain and simple. If you want to be a fool, and a
moron....go ahead and throw your money away. If you want to be smart, stick
to reputable software manufacturers that back up their policies.

ps, Leahy is crafty and as a result of my informing the newsgroup of his
practices, he appears to have toned down the spamming temporarily as I have
tested him.. But I would be the mortgage that he will eventually sell your
email address to third parties and continue his aggressive spamming
campaigns at some point. The fact is that there are others supporting my
claims against Leahy. I have never heard of anyone saying anything bad about
Chessbase products or Chess Assistant, Mattel (Chessmaster), etc. Stick to
those reputable companies for your chess products and you can't go wrong.
Chessbase 8 alone does everything Bookup does and much much more, and with a
far superior interface and with reputable customer support.

Jason Repa

Old March 20th 04, 01:12 AM
Mike Leahy

Default Beware, trolls are out in force

Kindly step over the trolls. They're the reason that the folks from
ChessBase, etc.
don't post here any more.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com/chessopeningsintro.htm

"Newsmail" wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
[snip fabrications]
ps, Leahy is crafty and as a result of my informing the newsgroup of his
practices, he appears to have toned down the spamming temporarily as I

have
tested him.. But I would be the mortgage that he will eventually sell your
email address to third parties and continue his aggressive spamming

You'd eventually lose your mortgage. My email newsletter is at record
levels, thanks in part to you.

campaigns at some point. The fact is that there are others supporting my
claims against Leahy. I have never heard of anyone saying anything bad

about
Chessbase products or Chess Assistant, Mattel (Chessmaster), etc. Stick to
those reputable companies for your chess products and you can't go wrong.
Chessbase 8 alone does everything Bookup does and much much more, and with

far superior interface and with reputable customer support.

Chessbase 8 does not do what Bookup does, but you wouldn't know that
as you've never owned Bookup.

Jason Repa

Old March 20th 04, 03:38 AM
Newsmail

Default Don't buy into Leahy's Bull

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
y.com...

Kindly step over the trolls. They're the reason that the folks from
ChessBase, etc.
don't post here any more.

Don't buy into this scam-artist's bull. Leahy is a known liar and and thief.
Facts are facts. The guy is usually very polite under his own name because
he has to be. He posts under various aliases that aren't so polite.

Old March 20th 04, 10:34 AM
Nonyz

"Mike Leahy" wrote
Kindly step over the trolls. They're the reason that the folks from
ChessBase, etc. don't post here any more.

Mike Leahy

You're pretty much become one yourself, you slimy piece of ****. What
do you do here besides try and reel in suckers to buy your crap,
anyway?
Why don't you just drag your sorry ass out of here and save everyone
this bull****?

Old March 20th 04, 02:39 PM
Mike Leahy

"Newsmail" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
y.com...

Kindly step over the trolls. They're the reason that the folks from
ChessBase, etc.
don't post here any more.

Don't buy into this scam-artist's bull. Leahy is a known liar and and

thief.
Facts are facts. The guy is usually very polite under his own name because
he has to be. He posts under various aliases that aren't so polite.

I've never posted under an alias.

1. Mike Leahy spams the hell out of you if you are foolish enough to give
him your email address, and he will sell that email address to third

parties
and they will spam the hell out of you. This is what he did to me and
numerous others.

That never happened and I don't think it ever will.

2. He did not honor his "money-back-guarantee" when an individual bought

his
software and later returned it, thereby committing theft as well.

That never happened and I don't think it ever will.

3. Bookup is garbage! Leahy is an out of work programmer that knows very
little about chess. The interface is crap, the functionality is crap, and

it
doesn't do a single thing that Chessbase can't do. What Leahy lacks in
programming skill and chess knowledge, he definitely makes up for with his
very aggressive marketing practices

That's your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

These are the facts, plain and simple. If you want to be a fool, and a
moron....go ahead and throw your money away. If you want to be smart,

stick
to reputable software manufacturers that back up their policies.

If one wanted to be smart, one could check thinks out for one's self.

ps, Leahy is crafty and as a result of my informing the newsgroup of his
practices, he appears to have toned down the spamming temporarily as I

have
tested him.. But I would be the mortgage that he will eventually sell your
email address to third parties and continue his aggressive spamming
campaigns at some point. The fact is that there are others supporting my
claims against Leahy. I have never heard of anyone saying anything bad

about
Chessbase products or Chess Assistant, Mattel (Chessmaster), etc. Stick to
those reputable companies for your chess products and you can't go wrong.
Chessbase 8 alone does everything Bookup does and much much more, and with

far superior interface and with reputable customer support.

If you're going to cut and paste your libel at least correct the typos.
If you would "be the mortgage" you would lose your mortgage.

Jason Repa

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com Now with free software envied by trolls everywhere.

Old March 20th 04, 08:35 PM
Mark

Nonyz,

Haven't you realized by now that no one believes you/Repa? Or that no one
cares about the spew that continues coming from your direction? You have
hung yourself with your own words, and don't know any better than to keep
throwning dirt on your own grave.

Just have a look at your email below. Read it. You don't even realize that
everyone (except you/Repa) who reads that actually has you in mind! And you
*still* keep piling on.

You just don't know any better, do you?

Mark

"Nonyz" wrote in message
m...
"Mike Leahy" wrote

Old March 21st 04, 12:40 AM
Noah Roberts

Mike Leahy wrote:
"Newsmail" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
igy.com...

Kindly step over the trolls. They're the reason that the folks from
ChessBase, etc.
don't post here any more.

Don't buy into this scam-artist's bull. Leahy is a known liar and and

thief.

Facts are facts. The guy is usually very polite under his own name because
he has to be. He posts under various aliases that aren't so polite.

I've never posted under an alias.

Even if you did this guy is in no position to talk. My killfile is
overflowing with Repa aliases. It simply amazes me that he would try
and claim you post under aliases when in fact it is he that can't seem
to post with the same name more than 5 times. I also find it amazing
that he would claim you are rude when in fact he is probably the rudest
poster I have seen in 10 years. His hypocracy seems to have no bounds.

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old March 21st 04, 01:46 AM
Michael Byrne

"Newsmail" wrote in message news:[email protected]

Jason Repa

thanks Jason for reminding me that I am not YOU ...have a nice day :)

WARNING......BOOKUP is a scam being run by a single, out-of-work, hack programmer who is a known con-artist that makes posts here under many aliases! BEWARE!! newsnewsnews rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 38 August 14th 06 06:34 AM
Old Bookup Files?? Gollum rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 2 June 7th 04 01:57 PM
Bookup and Mike Leahy Michael Byrne rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 39 March 21st 04 06:39 AM
Bookup is good, but... Larry S. Tamarkin rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 58 March 8th 04 06:18 AM
Bookup is great software! Dan Scoones rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) 11 February 28th 04 09:35 PM