Old July 25th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Brian P Lafferty defends convicted felon Sam Sloan

tanstaafl wrote:

Weekly World News Killed By Aliens, Zombie Elvis, Declining
Circulation
This was one of the headlines I saw this morning. The caption below a
picture of the newspaper gave more information:Quote:

R.I.P. Weekly World News. The imaginative tabloid, which gave the
world Bat Boy, Ed Anger and a woman celebrating her 7-year wedding
anniversary with a space alien, is no more. They're shuttering the
publication in August. No reason was given.

We've had our very own version of the Weekly World News here in the
USCF forums with headlines proclaiming that candidates didn't pay
their filing fees, all our records had been destroyed (thrown into a
landfill by a team of high school students), etc. The source for these
stories was only slightly less accurate than the Weekly World News.

Seeing the story about the newspaper made me wonder if we're going to
see a welcome change on the USCF forums soon. If our very own
"intrepid reporter" loses the election, will the nutty headlines go
with him? If he's no longer protected by his status as a candidate,
will he finally be banned from the forums? Perhaps an outbreak of
temporary sanity will lead to some long delayed retractions. (not
holding my breath)

If we don't see much more from you, "intrepid reporter", then good
luck! I'm sure you'll find another audience somewhere else -- maybe
even with people that are more easily fooled. You'll still have your
own newsgroup, I guess.

Assuming that you are referring to Sam Sloan, I think this gratuitous
attack on Sam is disgraceful.

Old July 25th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

http://www.checkmate.us/Altered.htm