Old July 25th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default CA 2.0 in DOSBox

The excellent DOS database Chess Assistant 2.0 can now make
a comeback thanks to the DOSBox freeware. It now runs
under WinXP, etc. See my description of CA 2.0 on the following link:
http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/ca2.htm

Mats
Old August 16th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Den 2007-07-25 20:01:08 skrev Mats Winther :

The excellent DOS database Chess Assistant 2.0 can now make
a comeback thanks to the DOSBox freeware. It now runs
under WinXP, etc. See my description of CA 2.0 on the following link:
http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/ca2.htm

Mats

Correction! I was wrong when I assumed that CA2 (DOS) cannot run
directly under WinXP. You only have to edit the CONFIG.NT file in the
system32 directory. 'Files' should be set to 50. On a modern computer
CA2 is a marvelous tool because it's so fast. Enormous game trees
can be parsed rapidly.

Mats