Old July 25th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Brian P Lafferty supports a convicted felon

I see Brian Lafferty has a fan. I'm not surprised.

I DID present evidence -- two posts that I think have as little
relationship to reality as the typical WWN story. Again, there are
other examples. I could have mentioned the "chess fund-raising site"
whose URL was posted and that supposedly belonged to AF4C, for
example. (it was a hard-core pornography site that had no relationship
at all to AF4C, but why bother with the facts -- what's AF4C going to
do? Drop it's sponsorship or something? Oh wait -- that actually
happened! Oops!)

I don't think I disrupted the meeting in Oakbrook. I've heard nothing
to that effect from anybody except Sam Sloan. And surely somebody
would have complained if that were true -- the meeting was broadcast,
after all. I spoke on a variety of topics at the meeting (most of
which had nothing to do with Sam Sloan), but only when it was my
"turn" to speak -- I followed the rules just like all the other
delegates. Contrary to Mr. Sloan's earlier claim, I had nothing to do
with the motion that required him to reveal his felony convictions.
(other than being in the 2/3rds majority that passed the motion).
Most of what I addressed was related to completely separate issues.

I probably SHOULD have voted against Mr. Sloan's disruption of the
meeting when he had committee appointments re-opened so he could add
his own choice to the Ethics Committee (going out-of-order to re-open
appointments when we'd already moved on to other business). I'm sorry
we let Mr. Sloan disrupt the meeting that way.

It's funny you should speak about Robert's Rules of Order, Mr. Sloan.
You should have raised a question of privilege on a certain matter at
the meeting in Oakbrook if you really thought you had a leg to stand
on. I'll be sure to bring that up for you in NJ. (at the appropriate
time and in full accord with the rules)

tanstaafl 11246770

Kevin,

Brian P Lafferty was doing a nice job digging his own hole. He
doesn't need any help. These must be some really ancient and devious
"advisors" he thought I had. For them to be "much older" than I am and
more devious than the guy he's just called "disingenous", then they
must be truly ancient archetypes of "dirty politicians"!

tanstaafl 11246770