Old July 30th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default ASCII chess software for ahell access OpenBSD box.

Hey guys, I have looked all around but have not been able to find a
ASCII chess software (preferably open src) that can be compiled on a
OpenBSD/*nix box. Could someone suggest something?

I have a shell account on cyberspace.org - it's a great place and a
online communtiy with hobby forums and Unix command prompt access. You
can write programs, code in perl etc etc. They have a chat thing
called party where other people hang out and i wanted a chess software
that i could use to play against another person.

I have checked out gnuchess and it gives me a ASCII board, but i
couldn't find a player vs player option???

Could someone suggest something, please.

Old August 2nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

David Richerby a écrit :
Macchess wrote:
That doesn't help because the two players are using separate accounts.
Both need to communicate somehow with the same process (in this case,
the copy of GNU chess) and some software would be required to do this.

That is what I meant, both users need to be behind the same console. I
wrote machine, but in case of *nix, being on the same machine could mean
being connected with different accounts. Thanks for the correction Dave.

Yves