Old August 1st 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Scid 3.6.17 released (chess database)

Hi,

I released Scid 3.6.17 at http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/, (along with a
new version of Scid for Pocket PC, which is still in Beta).

Changes in Scid since last version :

- corrected the Grunfeld and Grunfeld Exchange lines, which were incorrect
- added moves announcement in "serious games" and "tactical games"
- corrected a bug when creating a new EPD file
- Added the handle of Chess Assistant Null move "Z0"
- updated spelling and rating files
- Added the possibility to play a tactical game from current position
(like in serious game mode)
- When an UCI engine finds a mate it will no longer display a score like
+327 but instead M 4 (white mates in 4 moves) or M -7 (black mates in 7
moves)
- updates in French translation
- added scrollbars to UCI engine options configuration so engines with
huge amount of options are correctly handled (latest Fruit 2.3 for example)
- changed default piece set and colors (Alpha-Eboard,
green/yellow-blue/light blue)
- corrected a bug where some games longer than 64K seemed to be
correctly saved in a base, where in fact they can't be loaded again. The
length of an encoded game in Scid is still encoded as an unsigned short,
hence the game size limit. This limit could easily be changed at reverse
compatibility cost.

Pascal Georges
Old August 3rd 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Aug 1, 1:41 pm, pascal wrote:
Hi,

I released Scid 3.6.17 athttp://prolinux.free.fr/scid/, (along with a
new version of Scid for Pocket PC, which is still in Beta).
... snip

Thanks for the fine effort Pascal. I have two questions.

1) Is it possible to obtain a new set of photos for players? Or, is
there information about how to assemble a picture file on a Windows XP
system?

2) The ratings.ssp file I used with the last SourceForge version is no
longer recognized. I found a new one on the Internet dated Jan2007,
but it also is not recognized by the new SCID. What am I missing
here?

Regards,
John Douglas Walker

Old August 3rd 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

crwydryn a écrit :

1) Is it possible to obtain a new set of photos for players? Or, is
there information about how to assemble a picture file on a Windows XP
system?

I don't know how to get updated photos (free of rights at least).

2) The ratings.ssp file I used with the last SourceForge version is no
longer recognized. I found a new one on the Internet dated Jan2007,
but it also is not recognized by the new SCID. What am I missing
here?

I embedded the ratings.ssp file from jan 2007 in Scid (from
http://members.inode.at/786053/index.html, thanks to Franz Nagl), so you
don't need to get this by yourself, and I just tried : it is recognized
by Scid.

Pascal