Old August 5th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default New to Chess software

Hi. Have a basic, elementary even, question. Are the Fritz and other
ChessBase software stand alone or do they function in conjunction with
Fritz 10; specifically the *Fritx Trainer* series of software?

Thanks in advance. I've come back to chess after more than five
decades, and it's gratifying to see that I am no longer embarassed at
the level of my chess incompetence. :-)

Old August 7th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

David wrote:
Hi. Have a basic, elementary even, question. Are the Fritz and other
ChessBase software stand alone or do they function in conjunction with
Fritz 10; specifically the *Fritx Trainer* series of software?

Thanks in advance. I've come back to chess after more than five
decades, and it's gratifying to see that I am no longer embarassed at
the level of my chess incompetence. :-)

You can in general use any of the modern versions of the products. The
fritz trainer products also come with a free viewer as well.

But they work fine using the cheap fritz available on Amazon for 20 bucks.