Old March 24th 04, 12:19 PM
Joachim Müller-Imm

Default Rebel Decade on Windows XP ?

Does anybody know a way to get Rebel Decade 3 to run on Windows XP ?

Old March 25th 04, 04:09 AM
Chet Marino

Will not...

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:19:06 +0100, "Joachim Müller-Imm"
wrote:

Does anybody know a way to get Rebel Decade 3 to run on Windows XP ?

Chet Marino
Westminster, CO
Old March 25th 04, 04:47 AM
dajava

"Joachim Müller-Imm" wrote in message ...
Does anybody know a way to get Rebel Decade 3 to run on Windows XP ?

From http://www.rebel.nl/decrel.htm

Supported platforms:
DOS 5.0 or above

Windows 3.x

Windows 95/98

Macintosh using SoftWindows 4.0
----------------------------

I guess that it is a DOS software
I do not use Windows XP
but, I am sure you can get Rebel to run on Wondows XP this way

Visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound
to download VDMS

Direct link is
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...6.msi?download

1. download and install
2. reboot
3. find rebel with Windows Explorer
4. right click on Rebel
5. choose 'run with vdms' among its submenus

I need you feedback
before I post more detailed instructions of VDMS

dajava,
Old March 25th 04, 10:33 AM
dajava

"Joachim Müller-Imm" wrote in message ...
Does anybody know a way to get Rebel Decade 3 to run on Windows XP ?

I tried DOSBox this time
and it worked out :-)

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/d...r.exe?download

1. download and install
2. reboot and run (start programs DOSBox)
3. Now you get a small, yet typical, DOS window with this prompt

4. type

mount t c:\rebdec30 enter

( I have already installed Rebel at c:\rebdec30
before I tried DOSBox)

5. t: enter

6. start enter

Yes, it worked out !

I could play a game with Rebel!

Esc and Exit are for exiting from DOSBox.

Good luck,

dajava,

P.S.

Do you want me to post a screenshot of Rebel running on DOSBox within Windows XP?
I got it a moment ago.