Old March 25th 04, 12:10 AM
newsnewsnews

Default WARNING......BOOKUP is a scam being run by a single, out-of-work, hack programmer who is a known con-artist that makes posts here under many aliases! BEWARE!!

Clear Day
WARNING ALL NEWSGROUP MEMBERS.....

"BOOKUP" is a scam being run by a single, out-of-work, hack programmer! Mike Leahy is a known liar, thief, and con-man that runs this software scam involving something called "BOOKUP". First, he offers you some software for free in order to get your email address. Then, he plies you with emails trying to get you to purchase his paid versions of the program. Then, if he can suck you into parting with some of your cash, he continues to harass you via email to try to get you to buy his so called "enhancements". Not only that, but you can expect to start getting spam from third party companies that Leahy sells your email address to.

The guy has litterally stolen money from someone I know personally as he attempted to take Leahy up on his advertised "money back guarantee". He sent the software back buy Leahy did not give him one dime back.

This guy Leahy is the lowest of lowlifes, and he makes postings in this newsgroup under at least half a dozen different aliases to try to give the impression of "neutral" support. Don't be taken by this con-job. If you want good chess software that has been professionally made, stick to reputable companies such as Chessbase, Mattel, Convekta, etc. Chessbase 8 does litterally EVERYTHING that bookup does and much much more.

Keep in mind this guy is crafty, and as of recently, he has toned down the spamming in order to try to gain credibility. I have even tested him with a couple of email addresses. Don't be fooled though. This is a con-man tactic and he will quickly revert to his old ways in short order.

Jason Repa (advocate of the consumer)

I hold that it is bad as far as we are concerned if a person, a political party, an army or a school is not attacked by the enemy, for in that case it would definitely mean that we have sunk to the level of the enemy. It is good if we are attacked by the enemy, since it proves that we have drawn a clear line of demarcation between the enemy and ourselves. It is still better if the enemy attacks us wildly and paints us as utterly black and without a single virtue; it demonstrates that we have not only drawn a clear line of demarcation between the enemy and ourselves but achieved a great deal in our work.

Mao Tse-Tung

Old March 25th 04, 05:55 AM
Mike Leahy

Default WARNING......BOOKUP is the target of a troll... again.

Clear DayThe fabrications of a newsgroup troll.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

"newsnewsnews" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

WARNING ALL NEWSGROUP MEMBERS.....
[snip]
Jason Repa (advocate of the consumer)

Old March 25th 04, 09:17 AM
newsnewsnews

Default WARNING.....Mike Leahy is a known liar, thief, and con-artist. DO NOT be another victim of his software scam!

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
y.com...
Clear DayThe fabrications of a newsgroup troll.

Nope, just posting the facts and warning people about your scam.

Jason Repa

Old March 25th 04, 02:20 PM
Mike Leahy

Default WARNING.....cancelled

Everybody needs a hobby, I guess. I think most chess players
know who to believe or at least know to check things out for
themselves.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com -- check out the video demo

"newsnewsnews" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

y.com...

Old March 25th 04, 09:33 PM
newsnewsnews

Default WARNING.....Mike Leahy is a known liar, thief, and con-artist

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
y.com...
Everybody needs a hobby, I guess. I think most chess players
know who to believe or at least know to check things out for
themselves.

Nonsense, anyone with common sense knows exactly what you are and what
you're doing. You post under numerous aliases and most people know about
that as well.

Jason Repa

Old March 25th 04, 11:12 PM
garrubal

Clear Day
"newsnewsnews" wrote in message news:[email protected]

The guy has litterally stolen money from someone I know personally as he attempted to take Leahy up on his advertised "money back guarantee". He sent the software back buy Leahy did not give him one dime back.
Actually, I requested a refund one time for one of the e-books and had no trouble getting my money back.

This guy Leahy is the lowest of lowlifes, and he makes postings in this newsgroup under at least half a dozen different aliases to try to give the impression of "neutral" support. Don't be taken by this con-job. If you want good chess software that has been professionally made, stick to reputable companies such as Chessbase, Mattel, Convekta, etc. Chessbase 8 does litterally EVERYTHING that bookup does and much much more.

I don't have chessbase 8, but I do own Chess Assistant 7.1. I believe that creating and editing my opening repertoire, as well as training (practicing) my opening lines is something that Bookup does well. I have yet to find those features in chess assistant. It finds transpositions really nicely as well (which lots of book authors ignore in some cases). Overall, it's a solid product.

Old March 26th 04, 02:35 AM
Mike Leahy

Clear DayThe story about someone not getting their money back is just that, a story.
In earlier posts Jason Repa claimed someone from Canada sent his
download product back to us "post paid" whatever that means. None of
this ever happened.

Our guarantee is that even if you downloaded the product, you get a refund
and you still keep the product.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old March 26th 04, 03:00 AM
Mark

Jason wrote:

Nonsense, anyone with common sense knows exactly what you are and what
you're doing.

Exactly, Jason. You have no common sense.

Mike is right. This is your hobby - if you had anything better to do, you
would do it, wouldn't you? Of course you would. Clearly, you don't have
anything better to do.

Mark

Old March 26th 04, 03:02 AM
Noah Roberts

garrubal wrote:
Clear Day
[...]

Man, I can't tell what is you and what is the troll. You might want to
fix your client so that it properly quotes. I almost added you to the
filter thinking Repa got through again!

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old March 26th 04, 06:24 AM
newsnewsnews

Do not be fooled by the liars: Mike Leahy (or his numerous aliases) or the
trolls of the newsgroup that like to stir up trouble by posting lies and
flames merely to harass and annoy. The facts are the facts, plain and
simple.