Old March 26th 04, 01:50 AM
PTChess Admin

Default New FREE Chess Server - Testers welcome!

Hi there,

We just put live a new online chess server with a lot of new
features(solve puzzles, integrated instant messaging, etc...) and a
easy and powerfull interface to enjoy the Game!

We've tested it a lot over the last several months and we are now
ready to take the big hit of live testing! It's a completly new
platform of both client and server written from the ground up, and it
will give a lot of new features to online chess players worldwide.

It's a FREE service, no subscription fee, no fees to play or get
registered, no time limits, no game limits, no limits at all.

Try it out at http://ptchess.com and send feedback to us!

---
PTChess.com Admin
Old March 26th 04, 03:01 PM
Odd Gunnar Malin

"PTChess Admin" skrev i melding
m...
Hi there,

We just put live a new online chess server with a lot of new
features(solve puzzles, integrated instant messaging, etc...) and a
easy and powerfull interface to enjoy the Game!

We've tested it a lot over the last several months and we are now
ready to take the big hit of live testing! It's a completly new
platform of both client and server written from the ground up, and it
will give a lot of new features to online chess players worldwide.

It's a FREE service, no subscription fee, no fees to play or get
registered, no time limits, no game limits, no limits at all.

Try it out at http://ptchess.com and send feedback to us!

---
PTChess.com Admin

Hi.

Do there exist any client for Windows NT?

I tried it on a Win2000 machine and it looked nice but my main machine here
runs WinNT.

Odd Gunnar

Old March 27th 04, 03:03 PM
Chuck in Minot

Well done, no broken links, and good speed.
Thank you, you did a fine job with this, and
I look forward to enjoying it.

===================================
Chess fact #135
Pawn is also how you say bread in Spanish.
===================================

Old March 29th 04, 12:55 AM
PTChess Admin

(dajava) wrote in message . com...
(PTChess Admin) wrote in message om...
Hi there,

We just put live a new online chess server with a lot of new
features(solve puzzles, integrated instant messaging, etc...) and a
easy and powerfull interface to enjoy the Game!

We've tested it a lot over the last several months and we are now
ready to take the big hit of live testing! It's a completly new
platform of both client and server written from the ground up, and it
will give a lot of new features to online chess players worldwide.

It's a FREE service, no subscription fee, no fees to play or get
registered, no time limits, no game limits, no limits at all.

Try it out at
http://ptchess.com and send feedback to us!

---
PTChess.com Admin

Hello,

I found out that it has some computer players.
Do you mind if I ask what chess engines does it use?

In this format :

computer player A is Crafty version 1.80
computer player B is Gnuchess version 4

dajava,

Hi there,

All the engines are craftys or an engine that mero programmed long
ago. Altough any engine that talks WinBoard can connect to PTChess.com
trough PTAdapter (our interface program).

PTAdapter is still in tests, and we do intend in releasing it to
the public when it's ready. We also will put in every computer details
a small description like you mention.

PTAdapter is the interface between any WB engine and PTChess.com
and guarantees that we can have computers and that we still control
how connections are made to our server as such avoiding cheaters using
hidden engines.

---
admin
Old March 29th 04, 03:58 AM
EZoto

I tried to get in using other chess clients. No go. Can't get in
with winboard or with linux. Do I have to use PT's chess client and
nothing else? I tried SLICS and nothing.

EZoto
Old March 29th 04, 12:02 PM
PTChess Admin

EZoto wrote in message ws.com...
I tried to get in using other chess clients. No go. Can't get in
with winboard or with linux. Do I have to use PT's chess client and
nothing else? I tried SLICS and nothing.

EZoto

Correct. Only PTClient and PTAdapter will connect to PTChess.com.
In that way we can give a end-to-end experience on our service.

At ultimately it can give us greater control over cheaters...

---
admin
Old March 29th 04, 12:15 PM
Ralph Jones

Any chance there'll ever be a Linux port to the client?