Old August 21st 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Beta release of Scid for Pocket PC

Hi,

I released a Beta version (0.8) of Scid for Pocket PC at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html

Please read carefully the installation notes and (sorry for repeating
what is written there), only install ScidPocket on device, not on a SD card.

Please send me feedback on installation process and stability of Scid
and Toga released here.

Basic Scid functions are present in this release :
- base handling,
- play against Toga,
- engine analysis,
- all search functions in Scid for PC are also available on the Pocket
PC (even if the graphics could be improved).

Pascal

PS : I would specially like to thank David Kirkby for all the code he
provided to me that made Scid so pleasant to play with on a PDA. I would
never have been able to achieve this without his great help.
Old August 21st 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Pascal" wrote in message
Hi,

I released a Beta version (0.8) of Scid for Pocket PC at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html

Please read carefully the installation notes and (sorry for repeating what
is written there), only install ScidPocket on device, not on a SD card.

Hi,

Would you please repost when I can put it on my removeable hard drive, thank
you.

Old August 22nd 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hi,

Would you please repost when I can put it on my removeable hard drive, thank
you.

Hi,

do you mean it is too big for your available RAM ?
Etcl can be installed on a SD Card, and maybe I should not have embedded
2 opening books with it, one of them being more than 1 MB...

Pascal
Old August 22nd 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Pascal" wrote in message
Hi,

Would you please repost when I can put it on my removeable hard drive,
thank you.

Hi,

do you mean it is too big for your available RAM ?
Etcl can be installed on a SD Card, and maybe I should not have embedded 2
opening books with it, one of them being more than 1 MB...

Pascal

Hi, I prefer to keep my programs permanently installed on my SD card so I
can replay them, whenever I want to. Your program would be a nice addition
to my PDA !!