Old March 29th 04, 03:35 PM
Gunny Bunny

Default Hooking Up UCI Engine Under ChessPartner - Help Request !!!!

I am trying to hookup Shredder 8 under ChessPartner, but I am unable.

Would you please provide the commands and script to make it run under CP on
an
ICS.

I created a subfolder under Engines and placed the Shredder8 files in it:

C:\ChessPartner5.3\Engines\Shredder8\

I cannot figure out what commands are need from here to make Shredder 8 work
under CP ?!

The Help file does not seem accurate !

Thank you

Old March 29th 04, 09:29 PM
Jonathan Beckett

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:35:13 -0500, "Gunny Bunny"
wrote:

I am trying to hookup Shredder 8 under ChessPartner, but I am unable.

Would you please provide the commands and script to make it run under CP on
an
ICS.

I created a subfolder under Engines and placed the Shredder8 files in it:

C:\ChessPartner5.3\Engines\Shredder8\

I cannot figure out what commands are need from here to make Shredder 8 work
under CP ?!

The Help file does not seem accurate !

Thank you

Okay, firstly, you've probably broken Shredder by just putting the
files in a given directory (unless you installed it there). I don't
have Shredder though, so there is a chance you might be okay.

You need to import the engine in ChessPartner. In the Extra menu,
there is an "Import Engine Wizard".

Regards

Jonathan