ChessBanter

ChessBanter (https://www.chessbanter.com/)
-   rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) (https://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-computer-computer-chess/)
-   -   More ChessPartner Questions (https://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-computer-computer-chess/3020-more-chesspartner-questions.html)

Gunny Bunny March 29th 04 10:18 PM

More ChessPartner Questions

Hello,

I am using the Shredder8 UCI engine under ChessPartner 5.3 on FICS chess
server.
I have WindowsXP Professional and an Athlon 2600+ CPU. My questions a

1) How do I configure the Auto-Seeks that are being sent out by CP, when I
log
onto FICS and at the end of each game;

2) How do I stop the Engine from sending out Whispers of Analysis during
turns
to the opponent;

3) The Engine continues to run after the game is ended, I know this
because my
CPU stays at 100% Usage on the Task Manager, however; no move analysis is
appearing in the Analysis Window;

4) How do I make CP save my Login Name and Password for FICS ?; and

5) The Auto-Flag is not working, can u tell me how to set it under CP.

Thank you in advance for you cooperation in these matters.

anhedonist March 30th 04 04:54 AM

More ChessPartner Questions

Just what FICS needs, another user with a computer..

Why don't you play yourself? Instead of pretending it is you and using
Shredder.

(other groups removed)

. ..

Mikko Nummelin March 30th 04 07:20 AM

More ChessPartner Questions

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, it was written:

Just what FICS needs, another user with a computer..

Why don't you play yourself? Instead of pretending it is you and using
Shredder.

Well, if they have granted him a computer account, (because they just
wanted to have the zillionth Shredder clone there,) then it's their
business, but if this is (another) computer abuser, then he should better
go away rather than to ask these questions. I think there has been
recently quite a lot of cases when they have banned players from playing
rated games or totally from there because of using computer assistance or
just setting up a computer on human account.

Mikko Nummelin

Jonathan Beckett March 30th 04 09:43 AM

More ChessPartner Questions

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:18:25 -0500, "Gunny Bunny"
wrote:

[...]

What we really need is some computers on FICS playing as lower level
"personalities" - so people who are not so good at chess (such as
myself) can go thrash somebody now and again to get a bit of
confidence back :)

Jon Beckett

David Richerby March 30th 04 02:30 PM

Mikko Nummelin wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, it was written:
Just what FICS needs, another user with a computer..

Well, if they have granted him a computer account, (because they just
wanted to have the zillionth Shredder clone there,) then it's their
business

All the computer players I've noticed on FICS have been either Crafty or
home-brewed, with the exception of the odd Sjeng. I've not noticed any
commercial engines but I've not looked very hard.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Revolting Electronic.com (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like an E-commerce portal but

anhedonist March 30th 04 02:58 PM

More ChessPartner Questions

"Mikko Nummelin" wrote in message
i...
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, it was written:

Just what FICS needs, another user with a computer..

Why don't you play yourself? Instead of pretending it is you and using
Shredder.

Well, if they have granted him a computer account, (because they just
wanted to have the zillionth Shredder clone there,) then it's their
business, but if this is (another) computer abuser, then he should better
go away rather than to ask these questions. I think there has been
recently quite a lot of cases when they have banned players from playing
rated games or totally from there because of using computer assistance or
just setting up a computer on human account.

Mikko Nummelin

Agreed.. the computer situation is way out of control, I just hope that it
can get cleaned up, as most people go online to play other people. I have
plenty of programs at home to play if I want to, I don't need to log on to
FICS to play Shredder.