Old August 27th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Wanted - games from weaker players

There seems to be no difficulty in obtaining PGN files for games played
by strong players, but if one wants them from weak players, it is more
difficult.

I'd like to make a database publically available for games played by
*week* players, where both are *human* (i.e. no engine vs engine or
engine vs human). Also, I only want standard games, with the normal
start position - not those with material odds.

Anything under 2000 rating will be fine. Above that, they are not too
hard to find elsewhere.

If you are willing to send me some PGNs, simply upload them at this
address:

http://www.althorne.org/php/

(It goes on about valve data sheets, but ignore that - it was an upload
facility I implemented some time back, which will do for this task). If
you can compress them first, that would be preferable, but I'm not too
fussed.

Games from chess servers are particularly welcome, since they will have
no errors in them.
-------

Some time back I put a feature in ChessDB

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/tutor...-retriveal.php

which allows you to download games from any person you want on ICC and
FICS, but on ICC this is not at practical way to get thousands of games
due to limits ICC impose. (After 100 games, the database reduces the
rate of downloads).

I have put a large database (3.5 million games) on the web in
ChessDB/Scid format,

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/tutor...a_database.php

which you can download from within ChessDB

But this has mainly games from strong players. I'd like to put up a
database of games from weaker players (say under 2000 rating).

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database