Old September 8th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Default USCF rating page

David Richerby wrote:

Kenonline wrote:

I'm curious if anyone knows the where abouts of Roger Rowland.
Formerly of Syracuse NY, Roger was a player of 2000-2200 strength.
I haven't seen or heard from him in a number of years, but if he's
still living, I'm sure he's still playing somewhere. He was
definitely addicted to the game.

His USCF rating page is at

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10126231

and indicates that he's not played a USCF-rated game in fourteen years.

Hmmm. I wonder if....

Hey! It still has my rating from 28 years ago!

12499353: GUY MACON
Regular Rating (Unrated)
Quick Rating (Unrated)
Correspondence Rating 1901
State CA
Expiration Dt. 1991-06-30
Last Change Dt. 1989-03-09

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12499353

I fondly remember sending those postcards and pondering my
move for hours.

Does anyone have an estimate of correspondence rating
inflation/deflation since 1989?

--
Guy Macon
http://www.guymacon.com/