Old September 14th 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Can you tell me about pawn structure?

Till now GetClub Chess only avoid double pawn formation and isolated
pawns.

What type of Pawn structures are good and what type of pawn structure
are bad?

1. If Pawns are on same rows not protecting each other {in front of
King}. (Is it good)
King has no place to move???

2. All pawns protecting other making a long diagonal Chain. (Is it
good)
A pawn Exchange can bring it down to Isolated Pawns???

3. Two pawns on side protecting middle pawn. (Is it good)
There is a hole in Center???

How to find weak spots? Whenever a Pawn is played we have toi leave a
diagonal hole for bishop or a place for opponent Knight.

Can you tell me how to tell which pawn structure is better.

I went through lots of sites to know about Pawn Formations but could
not find any concrete example.

How to tell whether a Pawn formation is weak or strong?

Bye
Sanny

Old September 14th 07, 08:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

How to tell whether a Pawn formation is weak or strong?

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Today GetClub Chess played very good moves and Draw game With one of
the Worlds best Chess Program Jester.

Below is the Game Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Jester: White
GetClub Black (Beginner Level)

Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...355&game=Chess

1.e2-e4 e7-e5
2.Nb1-c3 Ng8-f6
3.g2-g3 Nb8-c6
4.Ng1-f3 Bf8-b4
5.Bf1-b5 Bb4xc3
6.d2xc3 Ke8-g8
7.Bc1-g5 h7-h6
8.Bg5xf6 Qd8xf6
9.Ke1-g1 Nc6-d8
10.h2-h4 c7-c5
11.Bb5-e2 Nd8-c6
12.Qd1-d5 d7-d6
13.Rf1-d1 Rf8-d8
14.Qd5-d3 Bc8-h3
15.Qd3-e3 Ra8-b8
16.a2-a3 Bh3-e6
17.Rd1-d2 Be6-h3
18.Rd2-d1 Bh3-e6
19.Rd1-d2 -------------

Game Draw.!!! with Black Pieces.

Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...355&game=Chess

So It gives me relief the Program is now playing very good moves.

Yesterday I said of shutting my Program if it do not improve in 4
days. And today it satisfied me so now I can continue with GetClub
Chess Game without shutting it forever.

Its after long hard work the sucess came. And I am very happy about
it.

Bye
Sanny

Old September 14th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Its after long hard work the sucess came. And I am very happy about
it.

Bye
Sanny

Here is the new ratings I give to GetClub Chess. +50 to each.

Beginner: 1750 =========Nomorechess in Blitz Mode
Easy: 1850 ============Nomorechess in Serious Mode
Nornal: 1950============Zebediah in Blitz Mode
Master: 2050============Zebediah in Serious Mode

So Strong Players what do you say?

Bye
Sanny

Old September 14th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 14, 1:50 am, Sanny wrote:
How to tell whether a Pawn formation is weak or strong?

Bye
Sanny

Today GetClub Chess played very good moves and Draw game With one of
the Worlds best Chess Program Jester.

Where did you get this incredible idea that Jester is up there with
Rybka et al?

Below is the Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Jester: White
GetClub Black (Beginner Level)

(game deleted)

Even a lowly class player such as I can see that this game is pure
baloney with poor play to say the least.

Game Draw.!!! with Black Pieces.

Draw by repetition after 19 moves in a bad game? And you are proud of
this?

So It gives me relief the Program is now playing very good moves.

You should not be relieved too early.

Yesterday I said of shutting my Program

So far you haven't made a lot of progress, and there are many, many
superior options. Surely you should spend your time and money on more
useful things.

Its after long hard work the sucess came.

Everyone can be proud of success after hard work ... but you're
unfortunately not there yet.

Old September 14th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 14, 10:33 am, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:
In rec.games.chess.computer wrote:

You have to give him credit if he isn't charging you. It might not be a great
site, and it might not be the best, but if it is free, it is tough to
complain.

Your own motto seems to belie that sentiment, Tom:

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.

If the bungling of the incompetent is to be feared, then the
appropriate reaction to Sanny might be abject terror! ;-)

Old September 14th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:
[...]

Here's a hint: the above are *not* "very good moves".

Yesterday I said of shutting my Program if it do not improve in 4
days. And today it satisfied me so now I can continue with GetClub
Chess Game without shutting it forever.

Its after long hard work the sucess came. And I am very happy about
it.

Bye
Sanny

Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/
Old September 14th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

In rec.games.chess.computer Taylor Kingston wrote:

Your own motto seems to belie that sentiment, Tom:

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.

If the bungling of the incompetent is to be feared, then the
appropriate reaction to Sanny might be abject terror! ;-)

Hehe ... I forgot about that. Good point :-)

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old September 14th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

On Sep 14, 9:25 am, Taylor Kingston wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:33 am, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

In rec.games.chess.computer wrote:

You have to give him credit if he isn't charging you. It might not be a great
site, and it might not be the best, but if it is free, it is tough to
complain.

You are right, in that I can simply not use the program or site and
move on. However, Sanny posts constantly to this group and in effect
wastes everyone's time.

Old September 14th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 14, 8:33 am, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

I for one haven't written a chess engine [yet], so I can't say how
much work it would be to even compete with crafty [which has full source
available ... thanks professor!], which is an excellent engine but nowhere
near the top.

I haven't written a chess engine yet either, but I've worked with the
code for one, and to write an engine that plays really well is not so
easy, as Sanny and company are finding out. (Writing one that plays
so-so is much easier, of course, though still by no means trivial.)

Crafty is rated as one of the best open-source engines. It is not as
good as commercial engines such as Rybka or Fritz and some others, but
it is very strong and very good. I doubt Sanny will ever come close
to Crafty's high standard.

But to make my real point: I have nothing against an engine that plays
at a certain level and is forthright about it. There are engines that
play in the 2000 ELO range and they self-profess to be "reasonably
strong" or words to that effect (certainly well above my level!). But
they don't claim to be championship material. Sanny's self-made ELO
estimates seem vastly inflated. He needs to run a real test and
publish the correct figures, whatever they might turn out to be.