ChessBanter

ChessBanter (https://www.chessbanter.com/)
-   rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) (https://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-computer-computer-chess/)
-   -   Mike Leahy sucks (https://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-computer-computer-chess/3053-mike-leahy-sucks.html)

Dissatisfied Consumer March 30th 04 01:12 PM

Mike Leahy sucks

"BOOKUP" is a scam being run by a single, out-of-work, hack programmer!
Mike Leahy is a known liar, thief, and con-man that runs this software scam
involving something called "BOOKUP". First, he offers you some software for
free in order to get your email address. Then, he plies you with emails
trying to get you to purchase his paid versions of the program. Then, if he
can suck you into parting with some of your cash, he continues to harass you
via email to try to get you to buy his so called "enhancements". Not only
that, but you can expect to start getting spam from third party companies
that Leahy sells your email address to.

The guy has litterally stolen money from someone I know personally as he
attempted to take Leahy up on his advertised "money back guarantee". He sent
the software back buy Leahy did not give him one dime back.

This guy Leahy is the lowest of lowlifes, and he makes postings in this
newsgroup under at least half a dozen different aliases to try to give the
impression of "neutral" support. Don't be taken by this con-job. If you want
good chess software that has been professionally made, stick to reputable
companies such as Chessbase, Mattel, Convekta, etc. Chessbase 8 does
litterally EVERYTHING that bookup does and much much more.

Keep in mind this guy is crafty, and as of recently, he has toned down the
spamming in order to try to gain credibility. I have even tested him with a
couple of email addresses. Don't be fooled though. This is a con-man tactic
and he will quickly revert to his old ways in short order.

anhedonist March 30th 04 02:55 PM

Mike Leahy sucks

Hey Mike!

Do you think this guy is unhappy ? ; )

"Dissatisfied Consumer" wrote in message
om...

SNIP

Noah Roberts March 31st 04 04:22 AM

Mike Leahy sucks

anhedonist wrote:
Hey Mike!

Do you think this guy is unhappy ? ; )

He's the newsgroup's pet nutcase. We are seriously thinking of having
him put down because you can only do so much and then you just have to
give up.

In seriousness, this guy *is* probably insain to some degree. He has
been blasting this newsgroup with his pleas for help under several
different aliases for quite some time now. There is of course no way to
help him so its best to just ignore him instead. He has already been
advised to seek psychiatric care on numerous occasions and chooses to
stay in denial.

I just ritually add him to my killfile on a regular basis as he is
constantly changing identities.

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

anhedonist April 1st 04 06:22 AM

Mike Leahy sucks

"Noah Roberts" wrote in message
anhedonist wrote:
Hey Mike!

Do you think this guy is unhappy ? ; )

He's the newsgroup's pet nutcase. We are seriously thinking of having
him put down because you can only do so much and then you just have to
give up.

SNIP

Hey Mike,

Why don't you and Jason kiss and make up. Give Jason a complimentary copy
of the new version, just to show no hard feelings.

Jason, try out the new version, and give us some constructive criticism on
the product. What do you think?!