Old March 30th 04, 07:02 PM
Marco

Default Software for retro-analysis?

I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for
retrograde analysis, i.e. where you start from a given
position and try to work out the previous moves. Where
can I find such a program?
Thanks,

Marco

Old March 30th 04, 08:14 PM
Luther Barnum

http://chessbase.com

news:[email protected] e.mailgate.org...

Old March 30th 04, 09:17 PM
Joost de Heer

In artikel ilgate.org
schreef Marco:
I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for retrograde analysis,
i.e. where you start from a given position and try to work out the previous
moves. Where can I find such a program?

http://xenon.stanford.edu/~hwatheod/Retractor/

Joost
--
Du hast mein Herz zerrissen, meine Seele geraubt
Das es so enden würde hätt` ich nie geglaubt [Aus der Ruinen -]
Old March 31st 04, 01:28 AM
NoKetch

I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for
retrograde analysis, i.e. where you start from a given
position and try to work out the previous moves. Where
can I find such a program?
Thanks,

Marco

http://natch.free.fr/Natch.html

Dave

Old March 31st 04, 06:11 AM
Joost de Heer

I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for retrograde analysis,
i.e. where you start from a given position and try to work out the previous
moves. Where can I find such a program?

http://natch.free.fr/Natch.html

Natch (and Euclide: http://lestourtereaux.free.fr/euclide/index.html) are
programs for proofgames, not for classical 'last n moves?' retro compositions.

Joost

Old March 31st 04, 02:09 PM
Peter Pein

"Marco" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected] e.mailgate.org...
I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for
retrograde analysis, i.e. where you start from a given
position and try to work out the previous moves. Where
can I find such a program?
Thanks,

Marco

http://lestourtereaux.free.fr/euclide/

sorry, it's neither pay- nor shareware.

--
Peter Pein, Berlin

Old March 31st 04, 03:11 PM
NoKetch

I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for retrograde
analysis,
i.e. where you start from a given position and try to work out the previous
moves. Where can I find such a program?

http://natch.free.fr/Natch.html

Natch (and Euclide: http://lestourtereaux.free.fr/euclide/index.html) are
programs for proofgames, not for classical 'last n moves?' retro
compositions.

Joost
--

The original poster did not ask about a program that solved the "last n moves".
Natch will do what he specified.

Dave

Old March 31st 04, 05:24 PM
Joost de Heer

I am looking for programs (either pay- or shareware) for retrograde
analysis, i.e. where you start from a given position and try to work out
the previous moves. Where can I find such a program?

The original poster did not ask about a program that solved the "last n moves".
Natch will do what he specified.

The way I interpret the question is that he wants a program that, when given a
position, will determine the last few moves. That's different from proofgames,
in which the number of moves needed to reach the given position is given.

Joost