Old September 24th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Scid for Pocket PC (database chess program)

Hi,

I released a new version of Scid for Pocket PC at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html

Six engines are now included : Toga 1.2.1 and Toga 1.3.4, Fruit,
GambitFruit, Glaurung and Viper. Tournaments can be played between these
engines.

It is also possible to play against engines, and bases are compatible
with Scid for PC.

Pascal
Old September 29th 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hi Pascal,

works fine on my ARM PPC, thanks alot for your efforts!

It would be nice to have some different engines, I would prefer to see
instead of 4 different Fruit versions other engines, there are several open
source UCI engines out there, interesting ones a

Arasan
BBChess
Diablo
Freechess
Pepito
Sjeng
Slowchess

KR

Old September 29th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hi Alex,

I started porting Diablo 0.51, but noticed that all necessary UCI
commands were not implemented : so I deleted it.
To be able to port an engine I need an opensource and UCI one, with a
small memory footprint.
I am now porting Phalanx to get an engine that can simulate the play of
an opponent with a given ELO rating, and I will consider the engines below.

Pascal