Old April 2nd 04, 11:02 AM
Inzamam

Default Is Kimo = Kasparov in this article?

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1558

The positions kimo played look exactly like the ones kasparov played against
a computer in a recent match?

So is this knowledge based program a lie?

Old April 2nd 04, 11:45 AM
HD

Better late than never... What's your best guess?!

CB always releases something "funny" the april the 1. This one's
"thick", just looking at the package will tell what to think...

HD

Old April 3rd 04, 06:54 PM
Wayne Martin

Was this an April Fool's joke or something? I still see it at the website (Sorry I get suckered into these things all of the time).

Old April 3rd 04, 08:23 PM
ian burton

"Wayne Martin" wrote in message
Was this an April Fool's joke or something? I still see it at the website

(Sorry I get suckered into these things all of the time).

It was a much too elaborate April Fool's Day joke.

Old April 3rd 04, 09:43 PM
Benjamin Jordan

I thought it was great! First notice the box - it is obviously a Fritz box
(you can still read the lettering on the side) with Kasparov's eyes on it.
And notice the text: "Runs on massively parallel special-purpose hardware"
lol. In the article, all the positions were from recent high-profile
Kasparov vs. computer matches.

I thought this was hilarious:

"It's over-all playing strength is quite astonishing and equal to that of
the top programs. As an analytical tool Kimo shows consistent flashes of
brilliance, but it can also miss important tactical points. You should
definitely double-check Kimo analysis with Fritz, Junior or Shredder before
you put full faith in it."

ROFL

news:[email protected]

Old April 4th 04, 09:48 AM
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski

"Benjamin Jordan" wrote in message ...

I thought it was great! First notice the box - it is obviously a Fritz box
(you can still read the lettering on the side) with Kasparov's eyes on it.
And notice the text: "Runs on massively parallel special-purpose hardware"
lol. In the article, all the positions were from recent high-profile
Kasparov vs. computer matches.

I thought this was hilarious:

"It's over-all playing strength is quite astonishing and equal to that of
the top programs. As an analytical tool Kimo shows consistent flashes of
brilliance, but it can also miss important tactical points. You should
definitely double-check Kimo analysis with Fritz, Junior or Shredder before
you put full faith in it."

ROFL

Also:

"unfortunately the manufacturers have failed
to implement five and six-piece tablebases,
which put Kimo at a distinct disadvantage
when playing against other top programs."

and

"But the biggest problem with Kimo is the running expense.
.... We estimate that individual games played by Kimo can
run a bill of tens of thousands of dollars."

Wlod