Old April 2nd 04, 07:52 PM
Gregory Topov

Default I HAVE BEATEN FRITZ HIMSELF ON FRITZ 8

Thanks Benjamin! Classic!
Are you sure you didn't have Fritz 8 on the Stanley Random Chess setting?

To fully appreciate and enjoy Benjamin Jordan's joke, do check out this
earlier thread:
"I HAVE BEATEN CHESSMASTER HIMSELF ON CM 8000"
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F713BE7
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

"Benjamin Jordan" wrote in message
I have beaten Fritz many times in practice games on Fritz 8. However,
recently I beat Fritz himself in an "unleashed" rated game on my computer.

After I beat him the computer congratulated me and printed out a 15% off
coupon for Fritz 9. It sure feels good.

I didn't believe it was possible since I am a novice, but I must have

found
a "hole" in Fritz' logic. Master rated players or even experts would be
able to avoid this trap, but surprisingly my computer didn't. It is
definitely an "anti-computer" attack, but it still might be effective on
beginner or intermediate players.

I do not want to share my game and spoil it for people who want to find it
for themselves, but many people will have no faith, and today is a sort of
holiday, so I will post it. If you do not want to look at the game below,

will give you a valuable hint: Try and trap the computer.

Regards,

- Benjamin Jordan

[Event "-"]
[Site "-"]
[Date "2004.04.01"]
[Round "-"]
[White "Benjamin, Jordan"]
[Black "Fritz 8"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "B02"]

1. e4 Nf6 2. Bc4 Nxe4 3. Bxf7+ Kxf7 4. Qh5+ Ke6 5. Qg4+ Kd5 6. c4+ Kd4 7.
Ne2+ Kxc4 8. Qxe4+ Kc5 9. b4+ Kb6 10. Qe3+ Ka6 11. Qa3+ Kb5 12. Qa5+ Kc4
13. Na3+ Kd3 14. Qd5# 1-0

Old April 4th 04, 01:33 AM
CricketConnoisseur

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message m...
Thanks Benjamin! Classic!
Are you sure you didn't have Fritz 8 on the Stanley Random Chess setting?

To fully appreciate and enjoy Benjamin Jordan's joke, do check out this
earlier thread:
"I HAVE BEATEN CHESSMASTER HIMSELF ON CM 8000"
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F713BE7
--
Gregory Topov

Yes, that's quite funny. However, Gregory did you check out my latest
game against Chessmaster. It was at the highest settings (NO CHIMPS)
and I did manage to draw with Chessmaster. Check out the game. I sent
you an email earlier telling you to do so. Maybe after analysing my
game a GM like yourself would be able to use my strategy and probably
take out a win.

Regards,

Chessplayer

Old April 4th 04, 04:02 AM
Benjamin Jordan

Yes, I actually find that the Krejcik-Cooper attack is quite effective
against the Alekhine in SR chess, but I prefer the Capaverde gambit (2.
Qg4!!) as it forces white to abandon Goodall's Tanganyika lines. However,
as a grandmaster, you may be able to give me some advice on how to proceed
when faced with a Seignovich wing-inversion sacrifice. Bonetti's defence is
really only suitable when playing on rocky terrain, don't you agree?

I am new to the SR chess world, but have nearly attained Expert level in
less than a year. Any advice you could give regarding the above matter
could very well start me on the road to the Master class.

Thanks,

- Benjamin Jordan

Old April 4th 04, 06:06 AM
Benjamin Jordan

Sorry,

Qg4!!) as it forces white to abandon Goodall's Tanganyika lines. However,

should have been "forces *black* to abandon . . ."