Old April 3rd 04, 03:44 PM
Euclid

Default Is Shane Hudson a scam artist?

Take care.
It looks like he took my money and ran with it.
No CD as promised for $20. No response to my inquiries.
A complaint has been filed with my $-transfer agent (PayPal), which may take
up to 30 days to resolve.
-E

Old April 3rd 04, 07:01 PM
Noah Roberts

Euclid wrote:
Take care.
It looks like he took my money and ran with it.
No CD as promised for $20. No response to my inquiries.
A complaint has been filed with my $-transfer agent (PayPal), which may take
up to 30 days to resolve.

It is possible that they guy is a jerkoff, but maybe there is another
explaination. He gives away his software for free when he could
probably make some good money with it. Anyone who does open source
cannot be all bad. You are probably taking appropriate steps, but I
would question wether something happened instead of assuming he is a rip
off.

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush

Old April 4th 04, 05:34 AM
Euclid

When we pay cash money for something, we expect to receive it. When that
doesn't happen, and seller doesn't respond to inquiries, that's a fairly
good indication he's not operating on the up & up. Time will tell, but in
the meantime people should be warned about the possibility that Shane Hudson
is ripping people off, and should be cautious about sending him any money.
I'm sure others have sent him $20 for the Scid/database CD, and if so, I'd
like very much to hear from them... Did you receive it? If not, has he
responded to your inquiry? I'll also note that to lodge such a complaint
with PayPal, it must be within 30 days of the transaction, so people need to
be aware of this limitation too.
-E

Old April 4th 04, 06:25 AM
Euclid

Default CeeBee = CB = Chessbase (n/t)

..

Old April 5th 04, 09:53 AM
Odd Gunnar Malin

"Euclid" skrev i melding
link.net...
When we pay cash money for something, we expect to receive it. When that
doesn't happen, and seller doesn't respond to inquiries, that's a fairly
good indication he's not operating on the up & up. Time will tell, but in
the meantime people should be warned about the possibility that Shane

Hudson
is ripping people off, and should be cautious about sending him any money.
I'm sure others have sent him $20 for the Scid/database CD, and if so, I'd
like very much to hear from them... Did you receive it? If not, has he
responded to your inquiry? I'll also note that to lodge such a complaint
with PayPal, it must be within 30 days of the transaction, so people need

be aware of this limitation too.
-E

Could you please stop this nonsens.

You give him a donation to support his program and he promise to send you a
gamecollection as a 'thank you'.
Maybe he don't want to thank you any more

SH is a person and not a company so many things can create a delay for a few
month.

Odd Gunnar
(CeeBee isn't hiding himself, or are you 'J')

Old April 6th 04, 01:14 PM
Euclid

"Odd Gunnar Malin" wrote in message

"Euclid" skrev i melding
link.net...
[...]

______________________________
[copy of my last email from Shane Hudson, dated March 2, 2004]
Hi ...,
Thank you for your kind support of Scid. Your CD will be in the post in the
next 2 days. I hope you keep enjoying Scid!
Regards,
Shane Hudson
_____________________________

But it didn't happen, and he is not responding. As for it being a donation,
that's bull. It's a sale. Clearly his website offers the CD in return for
$20. He's got my $20. Where's my CD? I will NOT stop this nonsense until he
fesses up...whether that takes 30 days or 30 years! I'll be on his tail
forever, if necessary. I will not be ripped off.
-E

---

Old April 7th 04, 07:42 AM
anhedonist

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:14:53 +0000, Euclid wrote:

SNIP
______________________________
[copy of my last email from Shane Hudson, dated March 2, 2004]
Hi ...,
Thank you for your kind support of Scid. Your CD will be in the post in the
next 2 days. I hope you keep enjoying Scid!
Regards,
Shane Hudson
_____________________________

But it didn't happen, and he is not responding. As for it being a donation,
that's bull. It's a sale. Clearly his website offers the CD in return for
$20. He's got my $20. Where's my CD? I will NOT stop this nonsense until he
fesses up...whether that takes 30 days or 30 years! I'll be on his tail
forever, if necessary. I will not be ripped off.
-E

euclid,

how do you know what is happening at his end? maybe he is ill, unwell, or
has family commitments to attend to?! exhaust all your avenues (SMS,
write, email) before you start spurting off on a public newsgroup about a
well known, and seriously good product.

this guy has been going for a long time, and has a large user base, so i
refuse to believe that he is running off with your $20.

wait and see before ruining his reputation.

anhedonist

Old April 7th 04, 12:31 PM
HD

anhedonist wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:14:53 +0000, Euclid wrote:

euclid,

how do you know what is happening at his end? maybe he is ill, unwell, or
has family commitments to attend to?! exhaust all your avenues (SMS,
write, email) before you start spurting off on a public newsgroup about a
well known, and seriously good product.

this guy has been going for a long time, and has a large user base, so i
refuse to believe that he is running off with your $20.

wait and see before ruining his reputation.

anhedonist

I've seen somebody "complain" about the the daily chess hints, which
apparently have been missing for some time. Together this could indicate
some trouble of the non-SCID related kind...

HD

Old April 7th 04, 04:36 PM
Euclid

"HD" wrote in message
. dk...
anhedonist wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:14:53 +0000, Euclid wrote:

euclid,

how do you know what is happening at his end? maybe he is ill, unwell, or
has family commitments to attend to?! exhaust all your avenues (SMS,
write, email) before you start spurting off on a public newsgroup about a
well known, and seriously good product.

this guy has been going for a long time, and has a large user base, so i
refuse to believe that he is running off with your $20.

wait and see before ruining his reputation.

anhedonist

I've seen somebody "complain" about the the daily chess hints, which
apparently have been missing for some time. Together this could indicate
some trouble of the non-SCID related kind...

HD
__________________

There are a couple of mentions by other people that they didn't receive
their Scid CDs, on the Scid forum, dated about March 22 if I recall
correctly. However that forum's format was changed from open to closed
shortly thereafter, and you must now register to even read subsequent
messages. I refuse to register, because I don't want to be involved any
further with this crook.

I already exhausted my reasonably avenues for communication before coming
here to post about it. If Shane Hudson has died, that will eventually become
known. I expect he may show up eventually with a lame excuse, but can't
predict. The fact remains that he accepted cash money then promptly
proceeded to ignore his obligation, which looks very suspicious.

I noticed this sort of thing in the past with him (on different matters), a
refusal to communicate, so I think he's probably reading this and laughing
all the way to the bank. I and others who sent him money to order his CD
were purely "suckers" in his eyes, and he has no remorse. Note that people
may be very devoted to chess, even very good chess players, but have a
criminal mind. There was a famous case in point from a career criminal who
spent most of his life in prison. So don't be deceived just because someone
appears devoted to our common game.
-E