Old October 3rd 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default One of the best game I have ever seen.

Here is a game between Zebediah and Master Level at GetClub.

It was for the first time Master was able to take 2 pawns. Still
Zebediah managed to win.

What do player say It was good luck or the Zebediah was really good?

Game Played at: http://www.getclub.com/Chess.html

White: Master Level at GetClub
Black Zebediah

Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...435&game=Chess

1. d4 Nf6
2. c4 c5
3. d5 g6
4. Nc3 Bg7
5. e4 d6
6. Be2 0-0
7.Bg5 h6
8. Bf4 e6
9. dxe6 Bxe6
10. Bxd6 Re8
11. Bxc5 Qc8

Here I thought Master will win as it is 2 pawns up.

12. Bd4 Rd8
13. Nd5 Nxd5
14. exd5 Bxd5
15. cxd5 Rxd5
16. Nf3 Nc6

Now White is Bishop ++ So I though now Zebediah will loose the game.
But See how good he played and win even after Bishop down.

17. Bc4 Qe8
18. Kf1 Nd4
19. Bxd5 Qb5+
20. Kg1 Ne2+
21. Qxe2 QxQ

And now Zebediah is Queen extra. And he win the game.

Complete Recorded Game:
http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...435&game=Chess

So that was one of the most fantastic game I have seen at GetClub.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.getclub.com/Chess.html

Old October 3rd 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

It sucks. Seems like some tactical blunders on both sides. Why is
this good?

Please provide the PGN analysis by a chess engine then we can decide.

RL

Old October 4th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 3, 5:34 pm, raylopez99 wrote:

It sucks. Seems like some tactical blunders on both sides. Why is
this good?

Please provide the PGN analysis by a chess engine then we can decide.

Here is a game between Zebediah and Master Level at GetClub.

It was for the first time Master was able to take 2 pawns. Still
Zebediah managed to win.

The problem seems to be that Sanny is not a strong
enough player to see that his Master level did not in
fact "take" two pawns only to later lose after a
tremendous comeback, ala professional wrestling.

My view is that his program simply can't defend and
this was deftly exploited by Zebediah, although not in
a particularly impressive manner. The finish reminds
me of computer play, which Sanny himself has opined
is a distinct possibility with Zeb. But I do not rule out
that this funky ...Qe8 business could perhaps be a
popular book-sacrifice line; I've seen worse. And there
have been occasions in which even weak players like
myself have spotted such tactics *OTB*. One such
game had me feeling very proud of myself for out-
sacrificing a decent opponent in an incalculable mess
of a position -- until I got home and Fritz showed me
two dozen improvements for both sides!

-- help bot

Old October 4th 07, 09:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 4, 6:43 am, help bot wrote:
[...]

Could you analyze this game on Fritz

Bye
Sanny

Old October 4th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 4, 3:53 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

Okay, you want to know some of the "key" happenings
in that game? Black had "compensation" for the pawn he
sacrificed (or hung) on d6, but ...Qe8 was not necessarily
the best way to make use of it. White was fine if he had
only retreated his QB to e3, blocking the e-file so he could
catch up in development and castle. Even after the sac'
on d5, White had an escape with Qc1 -- returning the
piece so he could get caught up in development. When
he tried to hold onto the material at that point, he hanged
himself because his King was caught in the center and
the pinned piece was mincemeat anyway.

Some moves earning the computer's stamp of approval
we ...Re8, Nd5, the sac' on d5, ...Qe8+, ...Nxd4, ...Qb5+,
....Ne2+, Qxe2 and so forth. In other words, it was as if a
computer took over once Zeb realized he might lose. :D

Personally, I don't like hanging/sac'ing pawns like this
for a speculative or incalculable attack. I will do it when I
have no good alternatives, as in the King's Gambit game
where I had missed Bc4 and was down a pawn. But it is
not good to get in the habit of relying on faulty defense in
order for these attacks to work out. According to the
computer, White had many opportunities to improve here,
yet even without them, he might well have escaped with
Qc1, just giving it all back in one fell swoop. I won't
complain that the program needs to focus more on King
safety or developing, not snatching pawns, because if it
gets good enough at tactics it may well get away with
this sort of thing, just as it *almost* did here.

-- help bot

Old October 4th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 4, 3:37 pm, help bot wrote:
On Oct 4, 3:53 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

-- help bot- Hide quoted text -

Now Zebediah finds it difficult to win Master Level, But he is able to
win by playing hard.

Earlier he used to beat iMaster in 20-30 Moves. Now last two games I
find he is taking 40-50 Moves to win Master Level. In he usaually
loose a pawn in the middle game but he wins when end game comes.

You will now unable to beat the Master Level. Try playing with Normal
Level and let me know if you can win with Normal Level?

Bye
Sanny

Old October 4th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

In rec.games.chess.computer Sanny wrote:

Could you analyze this game on Fritz

Why don't you buy it yourself? Or just use Crafty which is far superior to
GetClub and apparently Zeb .. no offense intended to either.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
-- Henry Kissinger

Old October 4th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

04.10.2007 14:27, Thomas T. Veldhouse:

Why don't you buy it yourself? Or just use Crafty

Probably this goes far beyond his technical abilities.

It is amazing to me, that somebody potters around on a chess program for
a year or so and didn't bother to fetch some of the standard programs.
He claims to be better than Fritz some day, but very likely has never
run it on his machine.

Greetings.
Ralf
Old October 5th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 4, 5:55 am, Sanny wrote:

Now Zebediah finds it difficult to win Master Level, But he is able to
win by playing hard.

Maybe Zeb simply overlooked the loss of the d6 pawn,
and it was just a (rare) blunder?

Earlier he used to beat iMaster in 20-30 Moves. Now last two games I
find he is taking 40-50 Moves to win Master Level. In he usaually
loose a pawn in the middle game but he wins when end game comes.

You will now unable to beat the Master Level. Try playing with Normal
Level and let me know if you can win with Normal Level?

The GetClub program is incredibly weak in the endgame.

I have had the chess men fall over and roll after a stiff
breeze that puts up more of a fight in the endgame. In
many of my games, the King just shifts back and forth,
as if still in "defense" mode (as it should be in the
middle game).

That being said, I find the program to be playing better
now than a while back, especially in the opening phase.

-- help bot

Old October 5th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

That being said, I find the program to be playing better
now than a while back, especially in the opening phase.

Thanks for your appriciation.

Now when you login to play Chess at GetClub, You have 2 choices. You
can either play with Computer or Human Opponents.

However not many people visit GetClub. So only once in a while you
will get a Human opponent. Most of the time you will have to play with
Computer.

Let me know if the site is userfriendly. And if you want any
modification in style let me know I will change that acording to your
likes.

Bye
Sanny