Old October 9th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Is Sanny for Real?

I've been following threads by Sanny (GetClub) for many months. This guy is
an enigma to me.

* It appears he has written a chess program (or hired someone to do it) but
knows almost nothing about the game himself
* For as long as he's been trying to create a program that plays at least
reasonably well, he still cannot find a way for the program to make moves
any faster than 1-2 minutes
per move and play above 1200-1500.
* It seems his program is riddled by bugs and other problems regardless how
many times he says he's fixed everything.
* He asks people to analyze games for him so it's appears he doesn't even
own a copy of Fritz or any other chess program
* Does he honestly expect people to pay him to play against his program? Why
would anyone do that?

I almost think this must be a joke.

Old October 11th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 9, 4:04 pm, "Internet Birder" wrote:

I've been following threads by Sanny (GetClub) for many months. This guy is
an enigma to me.

* It appears he has written a chess program (or hired someone to do it)

Sanny says he has a "team" of programmers who
write the code for him.

but knows almost nothing about the game himself
* For as long as he's been trying to create a program that plays at least
reasonably well, he still cannot find a way for the program to make moves
any faster than 1-2 minutes

Just recently, the GetClub program has been made
to move quicker than that on its weaker levels.

per move and play above 1200-1500.

The higher levels probably play well above that level,
until you reach the endgame that is.

* It seems his program is riddled by bugs and other problems regardless how
many times he says he's fixed everything.

That is true.

* He asks people to analyze games for him so it's appears he doesn't even
own a copy of Fritz or any other chess program

Ditto. Much criticism from strong players here
has been in regard to the program's speed of play,
and each time he reacted by increasing speed the
critics attacked the strength of play; we went into
a vicious circle, getting nowhere.

* Does he honestly expect people to pay him to play against his program? Why
would anyone do that?

I have no idea. The GetClub Web site is not
typical; I think Sanny is from India, and there may
be some cultural differences which account for a
few of the quirks. He may be a teenager -- who
knows?

I almost think this must be a joke.

I have sometimes wondered if a real GM game
might be tossed out as GetClub vs. Jester, just
to see what comments would emerge in reply;
but each time this occurs to me it is quickly
dismissed upon seeing how god-awful the play
in the endgame can be.

-- help bot

Old October 11th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

help bot wrote:

* He asks people to analyze games for him so it's appears he doesn't even
own a copy of Fritz or any other chess program

Ditto. Much criticism from strong players here
has been in regard to the program's speed of play,
and each time he reacted by increasing speed the
critics attacked the strength of play; we went into
a vicious circle, getting nowhere.

I asked him why he doesn't buy a chess engine [Fritz] to do his own analysis
but was completely ignored.

* Does he honestly expect people to pay him to play against his program? Why
would anyone do that?

I have no idea. The GetClub Web site is not
typical; I think Sanny is from India, and there may
be some cultural differences which account for a
few of the quirks. He may be a teenager -- who
knows?

And the funny thing is you can play shredder 10 for free he
http://www.shredderchess.com/play-chess-online.html

A FAR better experience by what I can tell. (I have no affilliation with
shredder other than as a chessbase customer of Shredder 8).

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
-- Henry Kissinger