Old October 12th 07, 11:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.go

Default GTC; the Gnu Troller Collection -Guy Macon

help bot wrote:

[raylopez99 wrote] an excellent troll post; however,
it should be pointed out that it has been a very
short time since his last troll posting here, which
is considered poor form by the experts.

raylopez99's trolls are clearly compiled with inferior
tools. My guess is that he is using MS Visual Troll++
and the Troll Foundation Class, or possibly TurboTroll
2000.

These trolling tools are quite limited, and there is
a severe garbage-collection related performance hit
when you try to optimizing the output of VT++ for
arrogance as seen in these trolls.

IMO, he will get better results using GTC; the Gnu
Troller Collection. GTC is the gold standard for
creating trolls. It is Open Source, fully reentrant,
and compliant with the Triple Troll, Troll-On-Troll
and YATC protocols.

I hope this helps.

--
Guy Macon
http://www.guymacon.com/

Old October 12th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.go

On Oct 12, 3:29 am, Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/ wrote:
help bot wrote:

[...]

Takes one to know one. I don't use canned code like you, Bacon Macon.

RL

Old October 12th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.go

raylopez99 wrote:

Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/ wrote:

I deleted the rest of your post without bothering to read it.

Odd that you keep replying after claiming to have killfiled me.
I suppise that your technical skills aren't up the challenge
of setting up a killfile.

Old October 12th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.go

Every day, a troll goes hungry. These are not trolls just in some
third-world country, but right here at home. The growing rate of trolls
is alarming. In the United States alone, the number of hungry trolls is
expanding at a rate of 1 troll for every 15 spam emails.

For example, take little raylopez99 here. On his local message board,
he does not even gain enough responses to fill a 3 1/4" floppy. He
has been forced to go into Yahoo! chat rooms and pose as a woman, just
for enough troll food to last the night.

Sponsoring a troll is easy. For the cost of sending just one email
or usenet post, your contribution (along with others) helps keep one
troll fed for a month. If you include your email address, you can get
weekly or daily letters from your troll. Think of what one post from
you could mean to a hungry troll.

Please. Feed a troll today.

--
Guy Macon
http://www.guymacon.com/

Old October 14th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

An open letter to the internet from Trolls United Against Defamation:

First an introduction - what I'd like to talk about are "Trolls" - we've
been much maligned over the years but we've decided to come out from under
our 'bridges' and once again take our rightful place in society.

Many of you older readers may remember the friendly little man who lived
under the courthouse steps in your home town, he was a well-liked and
respected member of the community, your parents approved of his occupation
and understood that "it was a tough job, but someone had to do it". In
small town America in the '50s no one questioned the valuable place your
local trolls played in society.

Readers who grew up in the '60s may remember being distraught by Oppie's
special friend Max's sudden disappearance from Mayberry after the actor
who played him was blacklisted following the McCarthy hearings.

Let me try and explain the whole sordid story as briefly as possible.
It all started with what we trolls commonly refer to as "that goat incident".
Back in the spring of 1964 there were wild press reports from Eastern Europe
about a poor hungry troll eating some goats who woke him up while sleeping
under a bridge - naturally the press blew it way out of proportion, someone
noticed that not only were there trolls behind the iron curtain, but here
in the US too - Joe McCarthy (a lawyer!) came out of retirement and started
up 'HURT' the 'House Unamerican Reaction to Trolls' - Trolls were subpoenaed,
question, publicly vilified and driven from their occupations all across
the country, in the south trolls were driven from town by the KKK on horseback.
Those trolls whom survived moved to the wilder parts of the country to hide
out, some even moved north to Canada.

At the time our knowledge of ecology and ecosystems was not great enough
for anybody to predict the horrible results this would cause. As the
Soviets were finding out by the '60s if you take away it's usual prey a
predator will turn elsewhere. They banned lawyers in most communist
countries, which of course explains the plight of that poor hungry troll
under that bridge that started this whole mess.

After banning Trolls the US is now suffering from a most horrible scourge.
Just like removing the wolves from Yellowstone resulted in Elk herds that
multiplied out of control and devastated the grazing for all other species,
taking your local troll out from his usual place below the courthouse steps
has resulted in lawyers multiplying completely out of control with dire
consequences to all parts of society.

We intend to once again become the respected useful members of society
our parents and grandparents were. And after much soul-searching we
realized that we would need good legal council. As you might imagine
this was hard to come by, so we decided that we needed to train some of
our own people in the law. I, and my colleagues, worked our way through
law school, it was hard, we suffered under much discrimination from
the faculty, we spent long nights suffering working through the law
books, and days resisting temptation in class. In the end we graduated
top of our class - in fact in that year we were the only ones who
surv^H^H^H^Hgraduated.

We moved into private practice as "Troll, Troll, Troll and Bandicoot"
mostly doing civil rights law for other trolls. Recently you may have
heard of the very substantial out of court settlement we received from
the Tolkien estate in our libel case. We intend to use this money to
fund future legal work for our clients.

Which brings me to the main purpose of this letter .... it has come to
our attention that some people on the internet have been using the name
'troll' in a negative, derogatory manner. This must stop immediately.
Along with our co-litigants the Spam Industry Council we are today
serving a class action suit, on behalf of all trolls everywhere, on
all people who have participated in the practice of 'trolling'.

We were lucky that the law firm of Canter&Siegel after some initial
reluctance were yum^H^H^H able to help us in searching the Usenet
archives to discover the perpetrators and to electronically serve all
those who were found responsible.

I hope that this will be the end of this matter.

Thank you for your attention

Timothy T. Troll
Attorney at Law
Troll, Troll, Troll, and Bandicoot

Trolls United will never be defeated - take a lawyer to lunch

Old October 15th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/ wrote:
An open letter to the internet from Trolls United Against Defamation:

Can we expect you to say anything about chess in the foreseeable
future?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Aquatic Psychotic Atlas (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a map of the world but it wants
Old October 15th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc
SBD SBD is offline

On Oct 15, 8:53 am, David Richerby
wrote:

Can we expect you to say anything about chess in the foreseeable
future?

Not if he follows the old adage to "write what you know." And we
should probably be thankful for that.

Old October 16th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

David Richerby wrote:

Can we expect you to say anything about chess in the foreseeable
future?

You can project future behavior from past behavior, which consists
of hundreds of posts about chess and a handful that are humor.

You might also note that I took care to place the humor posts in
a seperate thread so as to make it easy to filter them.