Old April 8th 04, 08:54 PM
Alan Braswell

Default Gromit 3.82 and Opening Book

I recently downloaded the Gromit 3.82 engine and am running it
with Winboard. However, I am uncertain as to how to integrate
an opening book. One web page I found said that the engine
would read Fritz style opening books (*.fbk). So I borrowed a
couple of these from my Extreme Chess program (a less
sophisticated commerical version of the Fritz program) and
placed them in the same directory/folder. However, the
program still does not seem to read them.

Is there a command line paramater I need to include to make
the engine read the opening book files? Or any other
solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Alan

Old April 8th 04, 09:37 PM
HD

Maybe this works, but I'm not in any way sure.

Check out if the engine parameter contain a checkbox saying something
like "use own book". If so, make sure it's unchecked.

HD

Old April 9th 04, 03:04 PM
Alan Braswell

Aaron wrote in
:

Alan Braswell wrote in
:

I recently downloaded the Gromit 3.82 engine and am
running it with Winboard. However, I am uncertain as to
how to integrate an opening book. One web page I found
said that the engine would read Fritz style opening books
(*.fbk). So I borrowed a couple of these from my Extreme
Chess program (a less sophisticated commerical version of
the Fritz program) and placed them in the same
directory/folder. However, the program still does not
seem to read them.

Is there a command line paramater I need to include to
make the engine read the opening book files? Or any other
solutions to this problem?

Did you edit your gromit.cui file to point to it?

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron. That seemed to do the trick!

Best,

Alan