Old October 16th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Rob Mitchell is a con man and swindler

On Oct 15, 5:41 pm, "Chess One" wrote:

True. unless you consider my rating which is only 2250 at the moment and
some people are 3000+ [however honest those things are]

Phil Innes

2250 where? In what rating system, Yahoo?

Where can I look this up?

Poor guy, his "rating" has dropped from 2450 to 2250.

If you are so good, how come you refuse to play me, a mere 1923
player, a chess match for $1000 cash on the table?

Old October 16th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Special Needs People in Chess

"samsloan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 15, 5:41 pm, "Chess One" wrote:

True. unless you consider my rating which is only 2250 at the moment and
some people are 3000+ [however honest those things are]

Phil Innes

2250 where? In what rating system, Yahoo?

The one that Rob Mitchell suggested you play in. Of course, you never got
those e-mails, right? You never noticed the match announcements here, or in
your 'own' group? About ten or a dozen players from these groups have had a
go.

Where can I look this up?

See above. Alternatively, you could contact Rob [Lex Luther] Mitchell, and
ask him nicely.

We are just about to play the English Federation board, maybe the Canadian
Federation will come in next - and we have invited the Irish and the Scots -
and USCF, who have been 'out' except Bill Hall who was encouraging USCF's
participation last month.

Certainly one prospect is that our stanidng rgcp team, + a chessville team,
take part in a tournament comprising national chess boards.

"Lex" has got more international action going than the entire board did last
year - and much enthusiasm! And it didn't cost anyone a dime, just /good/
will, perseverance, and plain ol' plain talk. Would you personally be able
to understand any of those terms?

Poor guy, his "rating" has dropped from 2450 to 2250.

Another great post from Sam Sloan! Full of truth and lies, indistinguishably
presented, possibly to his own mind as well. Since he himself is too shy to
join in with the rest of us, I wonder why he wants to know anything? What
could the reason be?

I played at about 2400 level for a season or so in Europe - gave up the
game, and 20 years later could still get a provisional 2199. I know Sam
Sloan can't understand how that could be, but g his comprehension to
expression rate can't be better than 1:100. Though I thought Mig's 'gargling
with maggots' comment [ROFL] a bit strong for morning reading.

If you are so good, how come you refuse to play me, a mere 1923
player, a chess match for $1000 cash on the table?

How come you refuse to play like every-one else? They don't need *special*
conditions.

This is what Sam Sloan can't understand - notwithstanding the result of the
election. It's about playing chess, not about *special* people like him, who
have *special needs*.

People play chess for their own reasons - and the greatest one admitted,
AFAIK, is that they /enjoy/ the activity //for its own sake//.

So if the Sam Sloans and other speculators of chess want to really know
something about the game, perhaps they could just get over themselves, and
see if that makes much of a difference to how people treat them, and if they
then actually understand chess players, and what its really all about?

))

Phil Innes

Old October 16th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 16, 9:24 am, "Chess One" wrote:

I played at about 2400 level for a season or so in Europe - gave up the
game, and 20 years later could still get a provisional 2199. I know Sam
Sloan can't understand how that could be, but g his comprehension to
expression rate can't be better than 1:100. Though I thought Mig's 'gargling
with maggots' comment [ROFL] a bit strong for morning reading.

Sorry, but I think you are a LIAR. I do not think you were ever 2400.
I do not think you were ever even 2200. Perhaps you were 2000 at some
time in the past.

PHIL INNES IS A LIAR.

Prove me wrong. I have challenged to play you for $1000 CASH MONEY.
Larry Cohen will be the referee. If you do not like using him (because
he is banned) I will accept any USCF or FIDE certified arbiter.

I do not play computer games. I only play face-to-face against real
people. And, I do not play patzers like you unless there is money
involved.

As far as "Rob Mitchell" is concerned, he does not play chess. He is
not even an 800 player. I do not understand why he is hanging around
here unless he is trying to pull off another swindle.

Old October 16th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 16, 7:39 am, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 15, 5:41 pm, "Chess One" wrote:

True. unless you consider my rating which is only 2250 at the moment and
some people are 3000+ [however honest those things are]
Phil Innes

2250 where? In what rating system, Yahoo?

Where can I look this up?

My best guess is that IM Innes was referring to his
ChessWorld.com rating; according to one crosstable
I saw there, the 3000 mark is not a problem if you
are a GM or are using Fritz.

Poor guy, his "rating" has dropped from 2450 to 2250.

No, the 2450 rating was from the Delusionary Ratings
System (DRS), while the latest number is real, though
certainly not comparable to FIDE or the USCF.

If you are so good, how come you refuse to play me, a mere 1923
player, a chess match for $1000 cash on the table?

It's the pressure; IM Innes has been known to crack
under pressure, and what could be more difficult than
knowing you will be ridiculed forevermore if you do not
crush the slop openings played by Sam Sloan? Like
Victor Kortchnoi, IM Innes would perhaps rather face
Bobby Fischer than you (or Tigran Petrosian).

-- help bot

Old October 16th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"samsloan" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 16, 9:24 am, "Chess One" wrote:

I played at about 2400 level for a season or so in Europe - gave up the
game, and 20 years later could still get a provisional 2199. I know Sam
Sloan can't understand how that could be, but g his comprehension to
expression rate can't be better than 1:100. Though I thought Mig's
'gargling
with maggots' comment [ROFL] a bit strong for morning reading.

Sorry, but I think you are a LIAR. I do not think you were ever 2400.
I do not think you were ever even 2200. Perhaps you were 2000 at some
time in the past.

PHIL INNES IS A LIAR.

Prove me wrong.

SLOAN - this is not about you. You snipped that! You coward.

I PLAY chess with whoever shows up and you are /afraid/ to do so.

This is what you can't answer because you can't understand it. Shall I be
more pointed? Who would want to spend 30 unnecessary minutes with you? At
any bloody price?

I am not interested in you or your *special* opinions or special needs.
Neither as far as I can tell, is anyone else who actually plays chess.

Certainly USCF voters were not. How thick do you have to be to still not get
it? Its not about you. Period.

If you are too *special* to play like everyone else, go pound sand!

Here is what you snipped

---Special Person Status of Sam Sloan---

Old October 16th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

SLOAN - this is not about you. You snipped that! You coward.

I PLAY chess with whoever shows up and you are /afraid/ to do so.

Let me just say that again. I play chess because I like the game. I do not
really understand what Sam Slaon likes. But whatever it is, its not the same
as me.

Whether its money or fame or whatever.

So come on Mr. Sloan - do you dare be normal?

I think /this/ challenge is necessary, and it is a challenge to what you do,
not what you say - since talk is cheap, brother. And you talk far beyond any
knowledge you have. You are famous for it.

Therefore, I return the challenge to you - to not be *special* - and if you
can play chess like the rest of us, do it! Do it without excuses or special
circumstances, or even without bragging about your wins.

Many fine people out there I am privileged to meet - and I despise your
*special* attitude to me, and to them, for refusing to join in like we all
do and taking your chances, outside any controlling spin about it.

That's the measure of a chess player - its nothing to do with someone else's
thousand bucks. How pathetic an understanding of our game that is!

Phil Innes